Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid Step or glow steps?

We are looking for a more stable step for our 2018 Imagine 2670MK. My wife likes the Lippert Solid Step because of the deeper top step. It looks like a pretty even split among the people who have them...about half love them and half do not. The primary complaints are that in some cases you cannot swing the steps down of someone is parked next to you in a rest stop, they block the door if you just want to open it it up quick to load supplies, and when you store them any dirt or water on them ends up in the camper. Another issue is that for shorter people like we are, it mat be a stretch to reach the lever to put them down if parked on a slope.

My other option would be the "Glow steps", pretty good ratings, but much more expensive. I am not sure if they are as steady as the Solid Steps are.

Thoughts?

Thanks! Dave

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we love the solid steps had them on our Rockwood and now S Class Solitude .... only draw back is if you us storage site and unit next to you is close you may no be able to fold out the steps and need to move it to get in ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glowsteps are pricey, but I really like ours. They are very stable as well. I'd have to say every bit as stable as the solid step. Plus the added advantage of independently adjustable legs so you can level them out on uneven ground.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love our glowsteps. They are rock stable, very flexible for deployment. Only downside I can see is if they get very dirty (like driving through mud or road salt) they are a little stiff to deploy until cleaned off. If you go to a rally Torklift will frequently be there and give good discounts. The one we were at they gave 30% off and if ordered in advance you save shipping too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a search on TorkLift GlowSteps. I recently posted a review.

I've had factory steel, factory aluminum and MORryde steps. The TorkLift GlowSteps Revolution are by far the best of the bunch.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD