User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds awesome. So I found a mobile tech guy, that diagnosed the problem as a faulty connecter on the roof. Replaced it and works as it should. Having said that, I'll be doing the same thing shortly. Costco had lion energy 1300 UT's on sale for 599 a couple weeks ago.. I picked up two, Im kicking myself for not getting a couple more, but the wife is already uneasy about the funds flying out the door on all the RV upgrades as it is... I will go with the victron 3000 watt and two more panels as well... then add a battery or two down the road. I just need to find a good installer around Modesto, Sacramento area. The closest people battleborn could recommend is an hour and a half away in Vallejo... And thankyou for all of you that responded. It's much appreciated.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we have the 2021 320, do we no if it is " wired for solar? If so whats the appr cost to put solar in, and which type? Thx...
    Wayne & Jackie
    2021 Momentum 320G
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
    2 Bernedoodle Pups1 yr old

Left The Driveway EasyRider2019's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar Package

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne1962 View Post
    So we have the 2021 320, do we no if it is " wired for solar? If so whats the appr cost to put solar in, and which type? Thx...
    Our 2020 397TH came with the installed solar package which included the solar panels and Jaboni controller. However, we discovered that the wire from the panels was never connected to the controller so had the dealer fix under the warranty. We've not boondocked much so can't report on the performance but I can tell that the panels are charging the batteries when not connnected to 50amp.
    Gary & Dorie
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH
    2019 Ram 3500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne1962 View Post
    If you look in the front bay, in the back curbside corner, there may be a coil of white and blue paired wire. That would be the wire from the solar ports on the roof. That would connect to your charge controller and then from your charge controller to your batteries.

The sky is the limit on the cost. Cost can vary widely based on the type of installation (number and size of panels, type of charge controller, lead acid or lithium batteries, and whether you pay someone to do the work or do it yourself). I haven’t made the leap yet so I can even provide a cost for what I paid.
    I would finding a reputable installer and they can provide recommendations based on your camping style and budget.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks....great info
    Wayne & Jackie
    2021 Momentum 320G
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
    2 Bernedoodle Pups1 yr old

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi rbtintx,

So after a year how do you like your system? Was it worth it? Are 3 batteries enough? What kind and size of solar panels did you get? I have a Jaboni controller which is either not connected right or is not working. The unit's control panel registers 37 Volts but the current is registering around 0.1->.2 amps. I discharged my batteries below 12V and the controller still indicated they were at 14.4 volts. Not really happy with Jaboni.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerBryan View Post
    Hi rbtintx,

So after a year how do you like your system? Was it worth it? Are 3 batteries enough? What kind and size of solar panels did you get? I have a Jaboni controller which is either not connected right or is not working. The unit's control panel registers 37 Volts but the current is registering around 0.1->.2 amps. I discharged my batteries below 12V and the controller still indicated they were at 14.4 volts. Not really happy with Jaboni.
    Hi BadgerBryan -

I am happy with the system, overall. We have boondocked for a week at a time and only had to run the generator for a little while on cloudy days to make sure the batteries were fully charged before sundown. I do plan to add 1 more Battle Born Lithium, as 3 is just barely enough on cold nights when the heater runs.

We purchased the solar panels from Arizona Wind and Sun (300 watts). We were not impressed with the Jaboni.
    Full-time as of March 1, 2020
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes
    Onan Generator, TheDryCampers Installed Solar, Slide-Out Awnings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12