Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adjusting hide-a-bed height

I’ve read that the height of the hide a bed sofa can be adjusted but for the life of me I don’t see how. The foot of the bed (the bottom cushions when you fold it out) are too tall in comparison to the rest of the sleeper. The only adjustment I see is on the two legs and they won’t allow for lowering any further if they even do adjust as the two legs are all the way in to the weld of the top of the leg. Is there another way to adjust that I’m just not seeing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search for "sofa level" in the upper right. There are several threads on cutting and redrilling the 2 supports to lower the foot of the bed. See pics of what I will try to describe in the old threads.
    Remove the bolts and pull the U shaped supports away from the bed. There is a square tube inside that has several sets of holes to be able to make the support taller. To make it shorter, drill a new hole in each tube closer to the pivot point, and cut off enough tube to allow the U shaped piece to slide far enough to get to the new hole.
    When I took mine apart, the tubs had already been cut, and the holes were drilled, I just moved the bolts up one hole and mine was level.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tip. I’ll give that a try when I have a few hours to spend the next couple of days.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
    I’ve read that the height of the hide a bed sofa can be adjusted but for the life of me I don’t see how. The foot of the bed (the bottom cushions when you fold it out) are too tall in comparison to the rest of the sleeper. The only adjustment I see is on the two legs and they won’t allow for lowering any further if they even do adjust as the two legs are all the way in to the weld of the top of the leg. Is there another way to adjust that I’m just not seeing?
    Not certain if this will exactly apply to your RV model and couch but this thread my post #8 details with pictures of what I did and hopefully help you:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ght=sofa+level

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide