User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB with half ton?

2018 F-150 Platinum with max tow package. Door sticker says 1408. Hitch weight of the 2600 RB is just under 600. Anyone towing this unit with a half ton? Results?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2600rb and am towing it with a Nissan Titan SV 4x4 crew cab with a payload capacity of 1488. I've only brought it home from the dealer but it towed good. I have a equalizer hitch with 1,000 lb bars and I just ordered a Roadmaster Active Suspension to help the truck a little.

From what I've been reading you should expect a tongue weight around 900 lbs. Within the next weekend or two I'll have it fully loaded down and take a ride to the Cat Scale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy PhillyK, Our 2012 Platinum has 20" Michelin tires and the only truck mod has been Ford "Heavy Duty Brake components." I think we are at 18,000-20,000 miles of towing the 2600RB, in the Rockies, down to the Florida panhandle, and up to Michigan twice.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW- thank you both very much. Seems like this is a doable trailer for me, do you both agree? I know, it is maxed out, and the 2600RB is almost 30', so long as I am not squatting nor porpoising, I'll be sure to get that one. Do you agree, it is not going to make me 'that guy" that we all see on the highway?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please report back, and thank you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PhillyK, We have pulled our 2017 2600RB with a 2012 F150 Platinum and camped in all the states in our signature map. The photo of the truck and camper is at Cheyenne Mt SP, at 8,000' MSL.

It's enough truck.

Not sure whether you have LCI or Dexter axles, that's a whole other issue? You can check my posts for our experiences and upgrades. The dimmer switches are nice.

Keys to success with a newly acquired travel trailer:
    1. Have the bearings repacked and brakes adjusted (critical)
    2. Buy, install, and adjust a high quality hitch, i.e.: Blue Ox or Equalizer etc. with 1000# capacity bars
    3. Swap out the Westlakes with properly inflated GD Endurance tires.

Happy Trails!
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyK View Post
    WOW- thank you both very much. Seems like this is a doable trailer for me, do you both agree? I know, it is maxed out, and the 2600RB is almost 30', so long as I am not squatting nor porpoising, I'll be sure to get that one. Do you agree, it is not going to make me 'that guy" that we all see on the highway?
    I pull a 2450RL it is the same footprint as yours, the 2450, 2500 and 2600 same length just layed out different. I have a 2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost with the trailer tow package. We kept the 18" wheels on the advice of the dealer and have LT tires. We have a larger payload capacity than you I suspect that is because of the added weight the Platinum package adds. My cargo weight is 1418lbs. The F150 handles the trailer without any problems at all. We are about 1500lbs below our tow capacity. We have a 6 week trip planned this summer from Wasaga Beach to Winnipeg Manitoba to see the grand kids and our daughters and son-in-laws. Should be a good test of the 2450 and the truck.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll be fine. Like my Titan you'll be at the upper end of your weight limits but if loaded right and you don't take along a bunch of useless junk you should be under the limits.

GD supplies a individual weight sheet with every RV/TT. If you found one at a dealer you should be able to look at that TT's weight sheet. Here is what was on my weight sheet.

GVWR 7850
    GAWR (per axle) 4400
    GAWR (all axles) 8800
    UVW 6148
    Hitch Weight 648
    Street Side 2694
    Curb Side 2832
    Cargo Capacity 1636 which includes 40 lbs for propane

The numbers for my 2600rb from the factory are a touch higher than their published average but still doable. Looks like I need to load a little heavier on the street side. The storage under the dinette should work for that.

My Roadmaster Active Suspension kit arrived today. I should be able to get it installed this weekend. Hopefully the weekend after that I can readjust my Equalizer WDH then off to the CAT Scale I'll go.