Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Gutter Leak Mystery Solved

Starting in 2016/2017 when the Imagine line was first introduced this forum was flooded for years with folks having problems with their gutters leaking out under the awning. I currently have a 2017 IM 2600RB and have personally tried several of my own remedies along with suggestions from here but to no avail. And to make matters worse my most prominent leak drips right down on top of the GFI receptacle uggghhhhh!
    So new 2020 owners what are your experience s so far with these models?
    Awaiting your valued inputs......
    /tom

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve noticed on mine that the gutters are not usually one piece all the way across. At some point you will notice a joint where the Mfg used some sort of sealant but doesn’t always work. I went up on the roof and applied some White (wish I could find it in black)
    Flex Glue. It dries as a rubberized bond and has always worked for me as advertised. No more leaks. I use it also as an additional measure to seal the border around by shower tray. Good luck!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That joint in the gutter on my coach is very close to the entry door which is only about 4 feet from the back. With the TT kicked to the rear for rain run off the water leaks along the gutter in several spots waaaayyyyy upstream of the gutter joint. This of course is where several including me started their detective work but there is way more going in with that gutter install then just that joint. Thanks for the post 😎👣

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gotcha. my only thought would be to run a solid bead of Flex Glue all the way the entire distance and ill bet that after it cures (about 48 hours) if applied carefully, since it’s very waterproof, that should solve the problem. good luck!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 imagine 2600rb appears to have one gutter leak. It leaks down the wall just left of the furnace vent/access panel. Haven't done any investigating yet. Will be watching this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    My 2020 imagine 2600rb appears to have one gutter leak. It leaks down the wall just left of the furnace vent/access panel. Haven't done any investigating yet. Will be watching this thread.
    We are currently looking at upgrading to the 2020 version of the 2600RB so that is what prompted me to start this post. Looking forward myself to hearing from the thousands of other owners and their experience. You would think GD would have figured it out by now🤔🤔

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you my 19 2600RB leaks above the door and the GFCI outlet. Took back into warranty 3 times to get it fixed. It still leaks, I am beginning of to think it’s a doomed flaw forever on my Imagene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Starting in 2016/2017 when the Imagine line was first introduced this forum was flooded for years with folks having problems with their gutters leaking out under the awning. I currently have a 2017 IM 2600RB and have personally tried several of my own remedies along with suggestions from here but to no avail. And to make matters worse my most prominent leak drips right down on top of the GFI receptacle uggghhhhh!
    So new 2020 owners what are your experience s so far with these models?
    Awaiting your valued inputs......
    /tom
    The gutter on my 2670mk leaked right above the entry door. The gutter is not continuous - there are two pieces which butt together at that point. Water was leaking through the gutter seam. Although I could see light at the joint looking from the ground, there was actually a good bead of clear silicone in the bottom of the gutter (as viewed from the roof) but nothing going up the side where the two pieces met so water would rise in the gutter and leak. I put more silicone on the inside of the gutter seam on the front face where the two pieces meet. Be careful not to load too much silicone in the bottom of the gutter. The gutter itself is not very deep and if the silicone is high enough in the gutter, it could restrict the water from flowing through it to the point that the water goes over the top of the gutter at the low point in the gutter run upstream. That may not be at the seam location so it could cause a leak at some random spot. I have not noticed the leak on the other side of the camper but I expect you have the same two piece gutter there.

Buckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 05-13-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 337 and it also came with gutter leaks. As described in this thread where the gutter pieces were butted together it leaked but I also had leaks down the wall from water running behind the gutter. When they put the gutter on they run a bead of sealant along the joint where the top of the gutter meets the roof. When I visually inspected the top seal it looked good, but it was not. I removed the sealant a foot or so each side of where the water had been running down the side of the trailer and applied new non-sag lap sealant. Problem solved. The sealant GD used did not adhere well to the top of the gutter.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know... Here in the 21st century, you'd really think someone could extrude a single piece gutter for these things to avoid all the seams. Then we'd only have to worry about screw holes.
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast