User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New tire recommendations

Not another tire question!! I know...but we bought a used 2018 GD 367bhs last year that has the Westlake tires. I was hoping they were the G rated tires (235-80-16) but they are the Es. This is a heavy trailer with a GVWR of 15000 lbs. I hear people recommending the Sailun 637s and the GY Endurance 614s. Does the Endurance come in a G or just the E rated tire? I feel like the GY E rated tire may not be heavy duty enough? And I am assuming the factory wheels can handle the added pressure for a G tire?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised a 2018 Solitude had E rated tires. Ours came with G rated Westlakes. Anyway, onto your questions. The Goodyear Endurance is only available as an E rated tire, which I think is to light for any Solitude. The old gold standard (both quality and cost) is the Goodyear G614 (which is a G rated tire). The Sailun 637 (which is a G rated) is a very well regarded tire and a lots cheaper. These are what I plan to put on our trailer after this year.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTX View Post
    ..... And I am assuming the factory wheels can handle the added pressure for a G tire?
    The wheels should be marked on the back for the max rated tire pressure. Use the search function (upper right portion on each page) to find previous discussions. I typed in "wheel pressure" and got three hits. Her are two of them;

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...134#post269134

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...135#post269135

I am still a little confused by the E rated tires on your Solitude. What does the load/VIN tag say on your trailer (located on the outside, street side front corner)? It should list the factory tire size, load range and pressure rating. Load range E tires will have a max pressure of 80 PSI. Load range G tires will have 110 PSI max. Just curious (and easier than pulling a wheel - it is 16F here right now )

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Chris. Just want to say though that we have a GD Reflection and not a Solitude but I was thinking GD started using G rated tires on all of their larger units starting in 2018. I did check the tag and it does indicate 80 psi for the tires which would indicate E rated tires. Thanks for the links and I will check them out. I will try and climb under the TT to check what is stamped on the wheel this weekend.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTX View Post
    Thanks for the reply Chris. Just want to say though that we have a GD Reflection and not a Solitude but I was thinking GD started using G rated tires on all of their larger units starting in 2018. .....
    Oops, my bad for not checking the model. I thought it was a Solitude. I have heard that some wheels are not marked (but they should be). If it is stamped "Max pressure", then you will know for sure. Be sure to use high pressure valve stems rated for the max pressure you will run.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd do fine with the E rated tire on the Reflection fifth wheel. I went with Bridgestone R250's which are a ribbed tire commonly seen on F450's with utility bodies and/or small cranes. Goodyear has a comparable E rated ribbed industrial tire. These are just over $200 each.

The Goodyear Endurance E rated tire or Sailuns will also do well on your trailer. The G614 Goodyears are quite expensive, and very good quality tires.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a chance to check the wheels and they are stamped on the back with 110 PSI so it looks like they would handle the G rated tires. Checking prices right now, it looks like the GY Endurance (E rated tire) is about $10 more each than the G rated Sailuns. Thoughts?

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GoodYear 14 ply steel and don't look back.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANOTHER TIRE QUESTION. Ihave a 2019 Reflection MB31. I tried to look at the back of the rim but without taking the tire off the axle I can’t see what is stamped on the inside of the rim (the brake drum is blocking my view. I am not capable of taking the tire off at the house). I wonder if the rim is G rated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to respond back to my original post. I ended up buying a set of the G-rated Sailun tires to replace the E-rated Westlakes that were on our trailer. The Westlakes looked almost brand new but I felt that based on the weight of the TT that it was pushing the upper limits of the E-rated tires. I purchased the tires online from Walmart which were delivered to our local Walmart within 2 days. It only took about 10 minutes to go into the store and get my tires and the employees put them in the back of the truck for me. The next day I took the TT to a local tire shop and had the tires mounted and balanced. Tires were $155 each and I paid $12 per tire at the local tire shop for mounting and balancing. We made a 300-mile round-trip get away a few days later and it was a nice feeling not to have to worry about my tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast