User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    As I said in my earlier post, unless you asked for something different, MORryde will maintain the stock height on the trailer. In no case should it be over the 13' 6" standard.

Rob
    That's good to know Rob, thanks. When I have mine done I will make sure they measure it before doing anything. I am at 13.4-13.5 now and clear the garage door in my indoor storage spot by only about 3-4 inches so I have no room for much increase!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    ...I was quoted $6,899 for tandem 7k IS "axles" and disc brakes.
    Update: Actual price came in at $6,746
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a lot of cabbage. Wonder what it would be if it was a factory option as in a frame with the IS system already installed and delivered to GD in lieu of building the RV on the Lippert/Dexter hardware and having all that torn off.
    Last edited by minnow101; 02-21-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live in Atlanta. Ordered our 2019 394M from a dealer in Indiana and coordinated PDI/pick up with an immediate trip to MorRyde for IS / Disk brakes.

June 2018 install. 3 axles was just north of 8k. The price is steep, but you get what you pay for. The guys doing the install do this everyday and some have been working for MorRyde for 20+ years. Plus they align with a hunter machine. This is the real deal.

Ours are 7k axles so I can not speak to question 2.

Lastly, yes they do fabrication to perfectly level the 5’er to your tow rig. The morning of your appointment, you meet at 6 or 7am and they crawl all over the place taking measurements. From there they calculate clearances and add (if required) steel to the frame.

In order to get our full money’s worth, we installed this system at purchase. I don’t know how inclined I’d be to install on an older rig? That would depend how many years you plan on ownership.

///chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    That’s a lot of cabbage. Wonder what it would be if it was a factory option as in a frame with the IS system already installed and delivered to GD in lieu of building the RV on the Lippert/Dexter hardware and having all that torn off.

DRV or Mobile Suites has them standard on their units. They trailer them to Mor/ryde with regular axles on them to cut off and thrown away. Don't see any savings with that system. There's always DRV's in the parking lot waiting on the IS system.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    DRV or Mobile Suites has them standard on their units. They trailer them to Mor/ryde with regular axles on them to cut off and thrown away. Don't see any savings with that system. There's always DRV's in the parking lot waiting on the IS system.

Red
    I would hope MorRyde has an aftermarket agreement with a vendor to sell those barely used axle/brake assemblies. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lippert took them back and reinstalled on new frames.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They told me they threw them away. I gave mine to JD so he could build a trailer, they didn't care.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geotex1,

I pulled my new 2020 GD Momentum to Indiana in Dec 2019 for this upgrade. Since it's a 17K trailer with two axles (GD 349M), I opted for the 8K system with 8K Kodiak disc brakes. Before I arrived, I asked whether I could option the oil-bath bearings and was told they currently don't install those and would be installing greased bearings. I opted for the Timken bearing upgrade.

On arrival, they did measure my existing height which was 13'6" in front and 13'4" in the rear. They will not usually exceed the 13'6" legal limit due to liability issues. The day I arrived was very cold, snowing, and pretty crazy. We apparently didn't communicate effectively because I told him I would reduce my hitch height one inch (brought tools to adjust it) so raising the back an extra inch from stock would level everything at 13'5". After they finished, the rear height measured 13'6.5" with the front at 13'5" as expected. We agreed that shouldn't have happened and I requested they put it back in the shop and lower it one inch (move to second set of bolt holes). They said the IS/rubber bushings would "settle" a little so we expected that to put me right at 13'5" front to rear.

Cost was $6742.60 + $382.50 Sales Tax (Indiana) for a total of $7125.10 (Winter Discounted Price).

Note: If you have a Toy Hauler or higher trailer, they really only have one bay that can handle rigs over 13'6". Mine was placed in one of the lower bays and since the back end was raised from 13'4" to 13'6.5" while in the bay, the center and rear AC shrouds dragged on their garage door when pulled out and both had deep gouges in them and had to be replaced. When they put it back in the shop, they used their taller bay to prevent additional damage.

Regarding your questions; I think your "no go" answer may be partly related to the oil hubs which I also wanted but they wouldn't install.
    They can add rear height to get level but again, they are not keen on exceeding the 13'6" overall height limit front to back.
    Regarding price, IS was $2615, Kodiak was $1139, plumbing kit was $700, labor was $1800, Timken bearing upgrade was a couple hundred more, and there are various shop supplies/Hazmat expenses.
    Last edited by Diggio; 02-26-2020 at 08:55 PM.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been most interesting reading and learning from you "experienced" folks. I was at RV show past weekend and according to GD Solitude factory rep ( Logan ) - GD moved their disk brake on new production units, in house as of Dec 2019. Knowing that in the past they were 3rd party installed .. I asked again and he confirmed it. On the 310gk, he recommended staying with the 7K axles and on the pricing sheet I was given .. disk brake up grade as $3,300.
    Last edited by MollyFR3; 02-27-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the oil bath bearings on our Reflection 303 when we upgraded to disc brakes and a Moryde SRE4000 -- the professional installers could not get them to seal. All four seals leaked on the test drive. Second try, same thing. Went back to grease for peace of mind. This was the Kodiak kit on Dexter 5200# axles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200206_153441046_HDR.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	25058
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast