User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I also think a heat pump- is a waste of money and add weight to the rig. I would rather get a AC unit that would keep up with 100 degree heat than a heat pump that cant keep up with 40 degree cold.
    It was only something like a $200 option. I am sure I have saved that on propane taking the chill off with campground electricity...
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    It was only something like a $200 option. I am sure I have saved that on propane taking the chill off with campground electricity...
    And there is negligible weight change. Everyone loves to say it's no good below 40. Maybe true but what about a damp 55 day? They work great and a heat pump is what's installed in many/most southern homes.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    And there is negligible weight change. Everyone loves to say it's no good below 40. Maybe true but what about a damp 55 day? They work great and a heat pump is what's installed in many/most southern homes.
    agree .... here in Fl a 50 degree windy day is cold and all we need is the fireplace and now we have the heat pump that came on the 2930 we bought of the lot ... couple days after we got it home it was a cold day so I went out and tested it for 1 hour and I have to say it is all we would ever need .... the only propane we ever used was when running the gas side of the frig in our old unit ... with the residential frig we will use very little ..... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we're on the subject of the optional heat pump A/C unit, is the heat pump functionality on just the main living room unit or both units?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Since we're on the subject of the optional heat pump A/C unit, is the heat pump functionality on just the main living room unit or both units?
    just main unit ....
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in the Southeast and both of my S&B units are heat pumps, keeps the house fairly warm even below freezing and the emergency heat strips don't come on. I'll go with the heat pump on the main unit. Speaking of A/C units, I also see there is a 3rd A/C option and was wondering if that's needed on the 310GK-R. It would seem like overkill for me for the size of the coach.

BTW, how do I get my signature to post?

Robert E

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert E View Post
    ...Speaking of A/C units, I also see there is a 3rd A/C option and was wondering if that's needed on the 310GK-R. It would seem like overkill for me for the size of the coach.
    We had two A/C units on our 42' Solitude 373FB and they were more than adequate during our stay in Palm Springs in mid-90's temps. We really only used the 2nd unit when returning to the RV after having been gone for a few hours during the heat of the day. It would run for maybe an hour until the temp dropped low enough for the single unit to keep up.

The 310GK is quite a bit smaller than the 373FB so I see no reason to have a 3rd A/C. BUT, we don't use our RV during the heat of summer. If it was 110 with high humidity, the 3rd A/C might be a lifesaver - especially for the longer RV's. Putting the awnings out as soon as possible makes a big difference BTW.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=bertschb;279813]Since we're on the subject of the optional heat pump A/C unit, is the heat pump functionality on just the main living room unit or both units?[/

The heat generation is only on the kitchen unit and distributes thru the entire unit thru the duct system.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert E View Post
    I live in the Southeast and both of my S&B units are heat pumps, keeps the house fairly warm even below freezing and the emergency heat strips don't come on. I'll go with the heat pump on the main unit. Speaking of A/C units, I also see there is a 3rd A/C option and was wondering if that's needed on the 310GK-R. It would seem like overkill for me for the size of the coach.

BTW, how do I get my signature to post?

Robert E
    Click on "settings" on the upper right of the page. The look lower left for "edit signature"

Personally I don't think you will need a 3rd air in a 310. There are 2 main living areas and both have an air. Now if you are looking to hang meat, maybe.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Robert E
    The heat pump in your house is different than one in a Rv. The one in the house has bigger coils which makes all the difference. I use a couple space heaters one in the living and the other in the bedroom.
    Not sure how many cold days you will be in your RV.
    The fireplace will make up for the heat pump. IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast