User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 303rls, 1 AC or 2

Ordered 303rls, 1 ac enough or should i order 2. From Minnesota but summers still get hot.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like 2. If one quits, your trip isn’t interrupted and it’s nice to have the ability to run the AC in the bedroom while watching TV to make it quieter in the living area.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only have one, as DW does not like it too cool, and feels that one in the bedroom would be too noisy. I have found that we are still quite comfortable. If that changes, our rig is prewired for a second AC.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g&jhugo View Post
    Ordered 303rls, 1 ac enough or should i order 2. From Minnesota but summers still get hot.
    We live next door in SE SD and do much of our weekends in the state. After 4 seasons of one AC not being able to cool on those to often days in the sun when 85 degrees plus we had the GDRV factory service center add a 2nd AC in June, 2018.

Best thing we did to not only to more than meet cooling needs but allow for flexibility in operation. As many have shared over the years with the ducted AC system, it is pretty nice to have the additional option run the BR AC to cool the rear when in that area (particularly when watching TV) and not have the noise of the rear AC running above you. Having a backup unit just in case one AC fails is great as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really like the 2 ac's. Like said above running the one up stairs when watching TV is quieter and when you go to bed turn off the one up stairs and run the one in the living room . Since it is ducted to the bedroom it is whisper quiet for sleeping. Also when pulling in after traveling all day in the heat the 2 together cool the 5th wheel down a lot faster when everything is hot. We're glad we bought the 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 years in our 2018 303. We have camped in temps from low 20's to high 90's. I would not consider a 5th wheel without 2 AC's. Use both to cool the unit, then use the bedroom unit to maintain temp while in the living area and reduce the noise. If needed at night, run the LR unit. Adjust the vents a needed to get the airflow you desire.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum g&jhugo!
    We are in Minnesota as well and have a 2019 303 and only have the one ac unit. So far the AC has kept up fine but I imagine we will wish we had the second one if we ever find ourselves down south in the summer time. We have found that the one ac and a couple strategically placed small fans have been sufficient so far but I don’t think we have camped in the really hot humid weather that we can get yet. If I were to do this again I think I would get the second ac.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One should be sufficient for a 303. I have the larger 323BHS with one Atwood a/c unit and we're okay in the Mid South as long as we camp in the woods. 100 degrees and full sun is a different matter, however.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    One should be sufficient for a 303. I have the larger 323BHS with one Atwood a/c unit and we're okay in the Mid South as long as we camp in the woods. 100 degrees and full sun is a different matter, however.
    As shared Bama it depends. One is not enough in the higher temps/humidity and/or direct sun conditions. With four seasons of experience with our 303 the one AC could barely keep low 80s in the RV by early afternoon reaching mid 80s in more severe conditions. Most times the awning was also extended shading part of the exterior and all blinds down keeping the sun out/cool in. The good news is most often where we camped in various locations, we had good to some shade and the outside temps were in the mid 80s with low humidity.

Now all this said, do the 2020s do a better job with the different AC unit and/or construction/design changes. Suspect not much.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for everyone’s input, for 845.00 I pulled the trigger and added 2nd ac. Better safe than sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast