User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a pair of Honda 2200s. they are light enough to carry and are quiet. We can hook them up together to power the air conditioner and they run a long time
    River Point
    Central North Carolina
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2015 Silverado 2500HD DuraMax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onan 5.5 LPG
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SGROL60
    How do you connect your 3 generators? It sounds like the answer to my dilemma.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mungbung View Post
    SGROL60
    How do you connect your 3 generators? It sounds like the answer to my dilemma.
    There’s a guy on YouTube that shows how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triple Generator Operation

Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Triple Honda 2000. Also have the Onan 5.5 but run the Hondas for 6000 watts most of the time. The Hondas use less gas and I can run 1, 2, or 3 as needed during the day. Also have the hondas hooked to the RV fuel station so I don't have to refill fuel.
    @sgrol60, I have two Eu2200i gennys that work great for one air conditioner. I'm curious how you link a third. Did you make a special cable? I have only found the two genny parallel cable available. I would love to see a diagram of your setup.
    Sue & Bill
    Lansing, NY
    2017 Silverado 2500 Duramax High Country
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same RV 5500w Onan as everyone else. I had it added by my dealer as my trailer was not ordered from the factory with it (but did have the gen prep). My dealer for some reason installed the model with a 30amp breaker and a 20a HACR - idk why. Functionally it is pretty much the same though. The ones GD installs have 2x 30amp breakers.

Unfortunately, I did not know then what I do now, the green RV QG (HGJAB) generators all output only 120v (same phase on both hot legs). This is fine normally, but in my case, I plan to have dual inverters with parallel/split-phase operation so having the same phase on both sides will cause some issues and require compromise in my design or an external autotransformer to convert the single phase voltage into the desired split-phase. The reason this is unfortunate is that Onan offers the Commercial QG line of generators (HGJAE) with the desired 120/240v split-phase output. They are mechanically identical to the RV QG line up (same engine, size, hook ups, dimensions, weight, PRICE, etc) with the only differences being that the Commercial units have a different stator to support the split-phase output and they are colored white instead of green. The commercial units do have a different warranty but I am not really worried about that. Had I been a better educated customer, I would have had my dealer order and install a commercial unit with 120/240v split-phase at the time of purchase.

Just my 2 cents....
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Predator 3500, but I decided I'd rather go s,aller/lighter and maybe slightly quieter (and pay a little more if I have to). I had decided on a Honda 2200 (and easy start) until I ran across the Cummins\Onan P2500i which is rated for higher peak and running watts, has a remote electric start, and costs less. It appears to be new, and I'm having trouble finding many reviews. Does anyone have any first or second hand knowledge of these?
    Chattanooga, TN
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 5.7 l
    2020 XLS 21BHE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my set up ... goes with us on longer trips when we sleep over rest area or Love's ... Harbor Freight 3500 ... I can still manage it (100 lbs) the storage is 10 feet from back of camper ... run it just as it sits just take off the cover and plug it in ... rubber mat helps with the little bit of vibration ... windows stay shut it is there to run A/C ... does a great job and is super quiet ... later Frank Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200228_110240.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	25061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200228_110221.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	25062
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this one in a sales flyer from Costco. Have no experience with them at all. https://www.costco.com/.product.1004...Online_HotBuys
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off my generators are Eu2000 so there may be some differences. I looked at where the parallel cord supplied by Honda hooked into the generator. It connects hot to hot, neutral to neutral, and ground to ground. So the banana plugs are the same as the two slots on the 15 amp plugs on the generator. I wired a box with a 50 amp receptacle with three cords with male 120 volt plugs on them. All hots are connected together and go to both hot legs of the 50 amp receptacle. All neutrals are tied together and are connected to the 50 amp neutral. The grounds are all tied together and go to the ground on the 50 amp. Plug in the 120 v plugs from the box into 1 or 3 generators' 120 volt receptacles. I start and kill the generators as the need for power dictates. You can, as far as I know, parallel as many as you want. If I am only using one or two generators I protect the unused male plugs as they will be hot and dangerous to the touch. I also tied neutral and ground together on the 50 amp receptacle (neutral ground bond) so the Progressive Industries EMS won't complain. And, btw, throw the Honda parallel wires away, you won't need them anymore. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gen cord.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	25107
    Last edited by sgrol60; 03-02-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast