User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever since Honda's patent for their generators expired, everyone is making inverter generators BUT... there are differences in manufacture that made purchasing any of these unlikely to me.
    I know Honda's are more expensive but to me, they're worth the added cost for reputation and longevity, IMO..

I have two Eu2200i like many others here. I like that I can run one for most needs and start the other when A/C is required.
    Also, I've found that the 15K A/C runs fine on Eco Mode (which is even more quiet) and the RPM's will only jump slightly when compressor engages.

Always kept in the truck bed chained to hitch... so no lifting.

When running I cover the units with 2- 16" X 5' length of plywood wt styrofoam glued to it (as an added sound dampener).

Placed
    on truck rails and tailgate up you can hardly hear them., nor can your neighbors !!

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Here is my set up ... goes with us on longer trips when we sleep over rest area or Love's ... Harbor Freight 3500 ... I can still manage it (100 lbs) the storage is 10 feet from back of camper ... run it just as it sits just take off the cover and plug it in ... rubber mat helps with the little bit of vibration ... windows stay shut it is there to run A/C ... does a great job and is super quiet ... later Frank Attachment 25061Attachment 25062
    Frank, what is the name/model of your hitch/haul carrier? We're planning on the same setup with longer trips. That looks like a perfect size.
    Todd and Kathy
    2017 Ford F250 4x4, 6.2 gasser, 3.73 gear ratio
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 287RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
    Frank, what is the name/model of your hitch/haul carrier? We're planning on the same setup with longer trips. That looks like a perfect size.
    Todd here it is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 seems like a good product ... easy to assemble I checked and tightened all bolts .... I used one of these to secure the slop in the hitch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 advantage is it is aluminum and light maybe 25 lbs ... drilled couple extra holes for bungees ... when not using for Predator 3500 I will strap firewood to it ... note it is not as long or wide as some which is what I wanted ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just purchased 2 Predator 3500s on sale. I got the parallel kit from Amazon and so far I love the set up. I ran them together this weekend and literally had everything running that I could and it still was not close to maxing out. They are quiet and cheap.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350 RL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, 6.7 diesel, SRW/SB, Crew Cab
    B&H Companion Slider for Ford Puck System
    Air Lift Air Bags 5000 Ultimate Plus with Air Lift Wireless One onboard compressor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
    Harbor Freight also sells an aluminum ones that are worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two Honda 2000's here. Since we purchased a Swagman bike rack for the hitch I've never had them back there. Still run in the truck bed. Regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the champion 3500 and it runs one ac. And everything else with no problem.
    Can't imagine going anyplace where I need both ad units. It is right at 100 lbs so can handle in and out of trick by myself at least for another few years. I'm happy with it and would buy again. Always starts even after long Long down
    Times.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the easy start and one Honda 2200 generator. I’ve heard this setup will be able to run my 15k ac. That’s good with me, but I’m wondering if it will also run the battery charger and the ac together. I will report back with the results after I get the easy start installed to see if both air conditioner and the battery charger will function. I will use LP for the stove, fridge, and hot water and if I need more power down the line I can always add another gen in parallel.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    I'm using the champion 3500 and it runs one ac. And everything else with no problem.
    Can't imagine going anyplace where I need both ad units. It is right at 100 lbs so can handle in and out of trick by myself at least for another few years. I'm happy with it and would buy again. Always starts even after long Long down
    Times.
    I'm guessing you've never camped in Las Vegas in July?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. And I can't imagine a circumstance short of kidnapping that would get me there. In in Florida and want to be above 8000 ft once the temp is 90 or better. I'm done with extreme heat and being soaking wet . done with into day. Usually ac. Only runs when we are making our escape from florida.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast