Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question. Do both of your kitchen slides close tight to the coach or is one not closing fully? The reason I ask is because our biggest slide was tight to the coach back but had a 2-inch gap at the front. We could fit our fingers between the seal the wall.

We discovered that the gear drive in the basement was off by two teeth between the front and the back drives. We were able to disengage the gear on one side and manually and reengage the pinion drive two teeth farther down the rack. Now both side of the slide close tightly...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    It turns out that the corners under the dining slide, the rubber was too small and so you could actually see inside the rig from outside underneath, so the dining table slide corners were replaced with larger rubber flaps. The fridge slide was adjusted a bit to cover up more. But i still get a dirty floor along the hutch floor in the kitchen that the theatre seats back up to when we travel. Only its about half the dirt now. A lot less dirt on the floor overall. It’s now a normal routine to mop the floor after travel.
    2019, Solitude 375RES
    2018, RAM 3500, Dually, Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, 4:10, AISIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    First, this is my third rv fridge, so am not new to them, as last two trailers had the dometic, and both kept ice cream in the freezer no problem. Also am RVing fulltime now so there is no start up of the fridge for a weekend kind of thing. Am aware of letting the air circulate along the side walls too.
    I researched this fridge to death prior to my emails I sent to the dealer, GD n Norcold. Norcold did not respond back to me (shocking). Got a response from GD they got involved. Basically my dealer service centre is terrible, and norcold ignores the world. GD got Norcold to agree to replacing the cooling system. The thermistor and circuit board were already replaced with no improvement in performance. I spent so much energy and time in this wwIII battle, documenting and supporting my argument that there is something wrong with this fridge. The cooling system was replaced at the expense of the fridge front getting scratched up in the process and the wood trim under the fridge all dinged up, along with having a screaming match with the dealers moron service manager, only to have my freezer still sit on Norcolds min -8c (as it fluctuates from -4c to -8c range) and my fridge bounces around from -2c to +4c all on the magic master number of 6 out of 9. I can’t go to 5 as freezer food will start to thaw, and I cant go to 7 because fridge food freezes way worse. Fridge food freezes anywhere in the fridge, including in the doors bins.
    It appears if you get the 2118 model its a 50/50 chance you'll get a lemon like mine. Read some have replaced their cooling unit with the JC refrigeration (usa company) a much better designed cooling system, and thence now have a great fridge. So the question is obviously the technology is out there to make these fridges run better but hey Norcold has monopolized the RV industry with their shitty fridges so why improve them huh? Oh and Norcold’s helpdesk people apparently have the best bunch of excuses you can’t imagine to brush off your issues. I read all over the net the excuses people were told to justify the reason why their fridge is so shitty, like “its because your trailer is black”. The BS excuses are unbelievable! And their favourite no matter what the issue norcold helpdesk shoots back “that’s normal”. Zero customer service. I just can’t slam Norcold enough!
    So I have bought a compressor portable cooler for icecream. It will suppress my anger until we can find a way to ditch this fridge and install a residential or trade in this trailer for another that has a residential, or who knows. JC option is not an option in canada- Becomes ridiculously expensive.
    The only good thing about all this was GD help. They really did their best, and I do thank them for that.
    The End.
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can this be moved to the appropriate section where I wrote up about my fridge issue, I thought I was posting it there- ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIt View Post
    Update:
    First, this is my third rv fridge, so am not new to them, as last two trailers had the dometic, and both kept ice cream in the freezer no problem. Also am RVing fulltime now so there is no start up of the fridge for a weekend kind of thing. Am aware of letting the air circulate along the side walls too.
    I researched this fridge to death prior to my emails I sent to the dealer, GD n Norcold. Norcold did not respond back to me (shocking). Got a response from GD they got involved. Basically my dealer service centre is terrible, and norcold ignores the world. GD got Norcold to agree to replacing the cooling system. The thermistor and circuit board were already replaced with no improvement in performance. I spent so much energy and time in this wwIII battle, documenting and supporting my argument that there is something wrong with this fridge. The cooling system was replaced at the expense of the fridge front getting scratched up in the process and the wood trim under the fridge all dinged up, along with having a screaming match with the dealers moron service manager, only to have my freezer still sit on Norcolds min -8c (as it fluctuates from -4c to -8c range) and my fridge bounces around from -2c to +4c all on the magic master number of 6 out of 9. I can’t go to 5 as freezer food will start to thaw, and I cant go to 7 because fridge food freezes way worse. Fridge food freezes anywhere in the fridge, including in the doors bins.
    It appears if you get the 2118 model its a 50/50 chance you'll get a lemon like mine. Read some have replaced their cooling unit with the JC refrigeration (usa company) a much better designed cooling system, and thence now have a great fridge. So the question is obviously the technology is out there to make these fridges run better but hey Norcold has monopolized the RV industry with their shitty fridges so why improve them huh? Oh and Norcold’s helpdesk people apparently have the best bunch of excuses you can’t imagine to brush off your issues. I read all over the net the excuses people were told to justify the reason why their fridge is so shitty, like “its because your trailer is black”. The BS excuses are unbelievable! And their favourite no matter what the issue norcold helpdesk shoots back “that’s normal”. Zero customer service. I just can’t slam Norcold enough!
    So I have bought a compressor portable cooler for icecream. It will suppress my anger until we can find a way to ditch this fridge and install a residential or trade in this trailer for another that has a residential, or who knows. JC option is not an option in canada- Becomes ridiculously expensive.
    The only good thing about all this was GD help. They really did their best, and I do thank them for that.
    The End.
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same trailer and while my fridge issues were no where near as bad as yours the Norcold is just not up to snuff. It just put a damper on enjoying the awesome trailer. Convert it to a residential Samsung and put it behind you. It is not that major a job and you will be loving life believe me!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get the norcold out and the samsung in? What Samsung model?

Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I have the same trailer and while my fridge issues were no where near as bad as yours the Norcold is just not up to snuff. It just put a damper on enjoying the awesome trailer. Convert it to a residential Samsung and put it behind you. It is not that major a job and you will be loving life believe me!
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get the norcold out and the samsung in? What Samsung model?
    I paid to have my dealer do it. The Norcold came right out the door after removing the fridge doors, same thing with the Samsung. They installed the same model that comes in them from the factory, the model # is RF18HFENBSR. You can get it from a local Lowes or Home Depot for 1000-1100 bucks. They used the same inverter that the factory does also, the WFCO model WF-5110R. You will not regret the expense, it will keep the temps wherever you set them, 38 fridge and -8 in freezer not matter the outside temps.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the idea!
    After checking out this fridge it sounds like it could easily be another nightmare. The reviews on it recently are problems with the water in/under the vegetable drawers, ice freezing there too, freezer stops working, water leaking on the floor. Took the third link I found to go to a so called help page, mostly blamed the user of spillage, or saying the fridge was without power, or the energy setting causes condensation at the doors thus water on the floor, solution to not use that setting or replace new parts, - because so many reviews were within 6 months. Makes me nervous to hear customer service is non-existent, and some had repair man come only to have these common problems reappear after a few months later. One said if you live in Canada to stay away from this fridge they have 3 installed in their new work offices all with these issues.

So it’s good to know we can get the fridge out and another in, will have to search for another fridge that isn’t bombarded with issues.

It sounds like you have gotten very lucky!
    Need to run into you when we get a chance to cross the border, have a beer with ya! Discuss both our upgrades as you’ve been very helpful, hope some of your luck will rub off on me, lol.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I paid to have my dealer do it. The Norcold came right out the door after removing the fridge doors, same thing with the Samsung. They installed the same model that comes in them from the factory, the model # is RF18HFENBSR. You can get it from a local Lowes or Home Depot for 1000-1100 bucks. They used the same inverter that the factory does also, the WFCO model WF-5110R. You will not regret the expense, it will keep the temps wherever you set them, 38 fridge and -8 in freezer not matter the outside temps.
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the idea!
    After checking out this fridge it sounds like it could easily be another nightmare. The reviews on it recently are problems with the water in/under the vegetable drawers, ice freezing there too, freezer stops working, water leaking on the floor. Took the third link I found to go to a so called help page, mostly blamed the user of spillage, or saying the fridge was without power, or the energy setting causes condensation at the doors thus water on the floor, solution to not use that setting or replace new parts, - because so many reviews were within 6 months. Makes me nervous to hear customer service is non-existent, and some had repair man come only to have these common problems reappear after a few months later. One said if you live in Canada to stay away from this fridge they have 3 installed in their new work offices all with these issues.

So it’s good to know we can get the fridge out and another in, will have to search for another fridge that isn’t bombarded with issues.

It sounds like you have gotten very lucky!
    Need to run into you when we get a chance to cross the border, have a beer with ya! Discuss both our upgrades as you’ve been very helpful, hope some of your luck will rub off on me, lol.
    Cheers
    Sounds great! I read all the reviews but I'm not too worried about it, sometimes people cause their own problems.
    Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123