User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK Solar/Battery Upgrade?

We put our order in for a 2020 2670MK and I'm interested in setting up solar so when we go to places that don't have electric we can hopefully use some things.

1. What batteries should we upgrade to and will it help us over the provided batteries?
    - I've been looking at this a little and I was thinking of upgrading to the 300ah BattleBorn Lithium Bundle from here: https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop...ithium-bundle/

Would this work and would it be overkill or not enough? Could I run the AC off of this setup?

2. I've looked at some solar panels and I've come across these: Renogy 160 Watt 12 Volt Extremely Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel. Would these work of I permanently mounted them to the roof of my TT?

Any input would be great! thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No on the AC. Victron is very good equipment, charge controller might be a little small for future expansion. I would get 200 watt panels, they are the same size.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battleborn are great lithium batteries and will serve you well. If you plan on using your trailer for 10 years then they are worth the extra price over lead acid, agm and all the rest. Lithium will last you 10-20 years if u dont abuse them.

Running a/c would require probably a 3000 watt running and 6000 watt peak inverter. Unless u plan to run the a/c for a short time like 10-20 mins to cool off trailer for the evening to sleep, a solar, battery, and inverter outfit would be too cost prohibitive to have the battery power to run A/C for a long time. However, if you have a setup that can replenish your batteries at the same time your a/c is running during the day you might get away with longer use. This would require solar panels that would provide something like 1000-2000 watts of power to keep up with the battery drain. Some people use a 3500 watt gasoline generator for daytime a/c and use solar for everything else. Depends on what power you need for your priorities. Having a solar generator or solar system for those hours from 10pm to 7 am to run cpap machines, tv, etc is needed for most campgrounds that have quiet hours. Check the internet and search for Will Prowse to get good info on this.