User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not experienced with cold weather camping, question

We are here in northwest Florida near the Alabama border. Temps are expected to go to 32/31 this Thursday for a couple of hours and then quickly back above 34 and then quickly climbing back up to normal for this area which is seldom in the freezing range.
    My GD 2250RK seems to be super well insulated based on my experience with operating the thermostat, which gives me this impression based on how seldom I need to adjust it.

So the question is, based on the info above, 1) should I be concerned with the upcoming brief period of cold weather?
    and 2) is there any precautions that anyone can suggest that I should take today to prepare?

All input much appreciated.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I wouldn't suggest it, we left our RV in northern Texas and drove down to McAllen and then learned that the following night it was going to get much colder than it was forecasted before we left. It got down to 18F for several hours. When we returned the next day, mid day, the valves to the gray and black thanks were still frozen. When things finally thawed out in the late afternoon I checked every where in our RV and in both pass throughs and no leaks anywhere.

I think you'll be fine if it's only down around 31F, the inside (insulated area) will not get that cold. Especially if it's just a few hours.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At those temperatures you won’t have any issues.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am assuming you are in the camper and while I agree you will be fine at those temps for that duration; if you are hooked to campground water, I would recommend filling your freshwater tank and removing/emptying your outdoor water hose completely to prevent it from freezing.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I am assuming you are in the camper and while I agree you will be fine at those temps for that duration; if you are hooked to campground water, I would recommend filling your freshwater tank and removing/emptying your outdoor water hose completely to prevent it from freezing.
    Yes a good idea unless you have a heated hose. To the OP as JKWilson said you should be fine especially if you will be in the trailer and likely run the furnace which besides keeping your living space comfortable will keep all the plumbing from freezing.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated above, if you are concerned with temps, your FW hose will likely freeze first. When we know overnight temps may be in the 20's, we fill the fresh water tank and disconnect the hose. Set the furnace for about 50 and call it a night. The furnace will keep the underbelly warm. Electric heater to keep the living area warm
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like everyone else said you should be fine at those temps if you are staying in the RV. I suppose it is what GD considers an "All Season" trailer. We have had several trips out here in Colorado where it has gotten below freezing at night. Like Keebler and several others have said fill the fresh water tank and unless you have a heated hose disconnect and drain it. Have fun!
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    Like everyone else said you should be fine at those temps if you are staying in the RV. I suppose it is what GD considers an "All Season" trailer. We have had several trips out here in Colorado where it has gotten below freezing at night. Like Keebler and several others have said fill the fresh water tank and unless you have a heated hose disconnect and drain it. Have fun!
    Thanks to all for the many tips. Much appreciated.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload