Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to run HDMI or RGB from living room to bedroom in 377MB

I am setting up my new fifth wheel for sat. My plan is to use two receivers. One to watch in the mid bedroom and loft. The other to run the TVs for the living room and master bedroom. I understand the TVs for each respective location will have to be on the same channel (living and master watching the same thing) which is fine. It won’t be hard to run HDMI from the mid to loft above but I can’t figure a way to run cables from the living room receiver up to master bedroom. Does anyone know if disconnecting the sat cable and trying to pull it up into the storage compartment will work? I am thinking since it’s in the slide, they will have the cables bundled up somewhere I can’t see and risk ruining that run. Or maybe someone has a better idea? Thank you for your time.
    D

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about a wireless HDMI solution? For simple screen mirroring it may be a good solution.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Have you thought about a wireless HDMI solution? For simple screen mirroring it may be a good solution.
    I didn’t even know that was an option. I’ll do some research. Thank you

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of ways to do this.

The satellite rg6 is a straight shot from outside to living room.

The cable rg6 are basically single run to a splitter near the water compartment. You can connect different rooms if you like there by toning the line to see where it goes (assuming unmarked) and then connecting two together making a connection from the living room to the master bedroom as an example.

Your box might output rg6 but the quality might suck if you're used to HD. I'd suggest a powered HDMI hub which is hdcp compliant and then using HDMI over rg6 to hdmi. This will be more reliable than wireless with minimal loss in quality.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    There are a lot of ways to do this.

The satellite rg6 is a straight shot from outside to living room.

The cable rg6 are basically single run to a splitter near the water compartment. You can connect different rooms if you like there by toning the line to see where it goes (assuming unmarked) and then connecting two together making a connection from the living room to the master bedroom as an example.

Your box might output rg6 but the quality might suck if you're used to HD. I'd suggest a powered HDMI hub which is hdcp compliant and then using HDMI over rg6 to hdmi. This will be more reliable than wireless with minimal loss in quality.
    I did consider this. Nothing is marked but I was able to trace the satellite lines. It appeared the cable lines were split further under the trailer than I could reach so I thought it might be a bigger pain than I wanted to deal with. I might rethink it knowing that I can somehow get hdmi over rg6. Thanks for the advise!