User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    According to my local dealer that battery is classed as a sealed unit...
    It’s not sealed.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the exact battery my 2017 Reflection came with. I keep the RV plugged in all the time when at storage facility. I check water level every few months. 2 months ago when I went to check I found the water level low and failed battery. I got this $88 replacement that was in stock at my local Costco

https://www.costco.com/interstate-27...100476408.html

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they don't sell them in Canada, but Canada Energy has flooded batteries: https://www.cdnrg.com/products/batte...tion-batteries
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Ummm, yes. As I stated non sealed batteries haven’t been sold in Canada for decades due to safety concerns. Obviously that’s not the case in the good old US of A. The battery that came with my Solitude was probably installed by my Canadian dealer.
    Local battery shops sell flooded cell batteries with individual cell filler caps - usually for small power applications like motorcycles.The larger units in the BCI group 24/27 range have two filer caps that can be removed, each cap allows access to three cells. These are far from sealed. AGM batteries are sealed. My Imagine came with a Canadian dealer supplied Interstate flooded group 24 batterywhich has translucent sides just like @CoChris indicated.

BTW, was your dealer Traveland - they claimed my battery was sealed and maintenance free as well.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's apples and oranges, but my older Montana boiled my battery dry in about two weeks.

Fast forward to my 2017 Solitude. Left it parked for two months and came back to a dead/severely damaged battery with the the battery disconnect "OFF".

Digging into it, I found loads on the battery even when it's off. See thread titled "All The Stuff On The Battery Side Of The Battery Switch". I almost have all the parts I need to completely rewire the battery switch and charging system... Stay tuned.

My advice if you're new to this is never trust how somebody says it's supposed to work. Watch it like a hawk until you get tuned in to how your particular trailer behaves. If you know how to use a multimeter, start digging. Chances are you'll be surprised at what you find.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice by Roll With The Changes above. A multimeter, set to DC current mode and connected in one of your battery leads will yield the drain with the disconnect switch in the on and off positions. With no shore power and the battery connected, I read just under 250ma of draw, when the battery is disconnected, the draw is as expected, zero.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12