I posted the other day about my toilet bowl not holding water on the tech pages. I received a reply from Janice in CS and said I could take the unit to the dealer and they would replace the unit. I told her that the dealer was in Augusta and I now live in Charleston and that is 2 ½ hours away and in the wrong direction since I wanted to go camping on the SC coast. I also asked if there was a quick fix until I returned and that I was also headed to the beach in Mid January. I id not get a reply on the site but received a phone call at 7PM from Janice and she gave me several options. One was take it to the dealer if I had the time, two was if I thought I could change the bowl myself they would send me a new one ASAP and three was if I could find a RV repair service close to me that they would take care if it. I chose option two since I use them, clean them and have installed them. That is customer service at it's highest. She also gave me the direct number of the VP of customer service should I have any questions or need additional assistance. I guess I can call him on Christmas day and thank him LOL. Beat that other RV's. Great to own a Solitude 369rl.