Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Customer service at it's best.

I posted the other day about my toilet bowl not holding water on the tech pages. I received a reply from Janice in CS and said I could take the unit to the dealer and they would replace the unit. I told her that the dealer was in Augusta and I now live in Charleston and that is 2 ½ hours away and in the wrong direction since I wanted to go camping on the SC coast. I also asked if there was a quick fix until I returned and that I was also headed to the beach in Mid January. I id not get a reply on the site but received a phone call at 7PM from Janice and she gave me several options. One was take it to the dealer if I had the time, two was if I thought I could change the bowl myself they would send me a new one ASAP and three was if I could find a RV repair service close to me that they would take care if it. I chose option two since I use them, clean them and have installed them. That is customer service at it's highest. She also gave me the direct number of the VP of customer service should I have any questions or need additional assistance. I guess I can call him on Christmas day and thank him LOL. Beat that other RV's. Great to own a Solitude 369rl.
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    2014 Ram 3500 Super cab, Ram box 6.7 Cummins 4X4 SRW
    Charleston area SC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad to hear that. Mine is starting to leak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's something easy to try. It worked for me: Cooking Spray

Mine has not held water on occasion as well as sticking (the peddle would release slooooowly after pushing it). I had a friend tell me to try spraying some Pam on the ball valve. It worked! No more leaking. I still spray it once in a while when the ball starts sticking a little but other than that it's been working fine since.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great service from GDRV.
    But I'm a little surprised there is not just a gasket that could be lubricated/replaced around the open/close thingy.
    Mine is in storage now, so I can't go see for myself.
    Replacing the entire bowl seems to be overkill.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used some plumbers grease. http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...NQ8aAp7K8P8HAQ Kinda messy but it worked. You smear it on the ball valve. It's not water soluble so it retains it's lubricity for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried cooking spray, Vaseline after cleaning and still the water runs out of the bowl. Cleaned all surfaces prior to applying anything and cleaned between each attempt also. Hope the new bowl arrives prior to our departure to the beach....
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    Charleston area SC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well true to their work a new bowl arrived by UPS this afternoon. I tried all the cleaning and various lubricants but nothing worked on the gasket to hold water. I will install the bowl tomorrow and get ready for our week at the beach starting Monday. THANK YOU GRAND DESIGN AND HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.........
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    Charleston area SC

Aeromech
    If I recall correctly, the recommendation from one manufacturer is to occasionally wipe olive oil on/around the seal as preventative maintenance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The unit has only been out three times and we put some lubricant on the seal but it failed and we were on our way to a camping week at the beach so GD sent me another one and I installed it so we could go camping. When I inspected the bowl I removed the seal was missing so it may have come off and washed out the sewer line. I did not want to inspect the black tank looking for the lost seal.
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    Charleston area SC

Aeromech
    Definitely not blaming you. Just posting to pass on some info I picked up somewhere That's one item I forget about for preventative maintenance sometimes but our last camper had a sticky seal so it would leak out the water over time as the ball valve wouldn't close good.