Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State parks in Florida

I am aware of first come first serve, early bird gets the worm, Florida is a popular camping destination in the winter
    And there is a shortage of affordable campsites. I checked Reserve America for an RV site for a 30ft 5th wheel in any Florida State Park on Feb 28th for 2 nights. Zero available !! I know there are county and private parks. Not
    Complaining. just seems crazy that every campsite is taken in state parks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'd find the same thing for Minnesota in the summer. Less than two weeks out for a weekend site? Dream on.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just how it is and why we bought a site down here. Season is crazy, there are only a few options and most of them are expensive or in the middle of no where. Florida is popular November through April with January through March being virtually zero availability. If it's cheap, the Canadians will invade it as well as the other birds.

People aren't joking when they say in demand parks have waiting lists years long and require renters to pay non refundable deposit for their visit next year before leaving otherwise they lose their spot. That much demand makes the rents high, cheap places fill up almost instantly in season. Even out near bfe.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ... we book 9-12 months ahead and do a lot of arrive on Sunday with 3-5 nights ... staying away from Fri-Sat opens things up a little ... with a senior discount at 10-12 bucks a night the value is great ... we have 7 trips to Fl state parks in 2020 ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1sp View Post
    I am aware of first come first serve, early bird gets the worm, Florida is a popular camping destination in the winter
    And there is a shortage of affordable campsites. I checked Reserve America for an RV site for a 30ft 5th wheel in any Florida State Park on Feb 28th for 2 nights. Zero available !! I know there are county and private parks. Not
    Complaining. just seems crazy that every campsite is taken in state parks.
    Wow, You were looking just the same time I was. I'm at Fort Clinch now. By dumb luck as I was on my way down 95, I was able to get two nights. Anything else for the remaining two weeks was fruitless. A shame because I like the state and local parks more. Even private campgrounds are difficult. Calling around and leaving voice messages, only three returned a call. I was able to get sites at Tampa and the space coast for the remaining two weeks I'm here but it was a nail biter. It kind of takes the fun out of being a gypsy traveler.
    Years ago with a buddy, we often stayed at Sebastian Inlet state park and I was really wanting to spend time there to be able to fish the inlet again. Maybe next year.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding 2 nights short notice almost everywhere has gotten difficult. I really miss the days of truly camping on the fly, the closest to that is call atleast 2 to 3 days out and if it's a destination area forget it. We also gravitate to State ,National parks and forests. Even some of the forest campgrounds are getting hard to find a spot without reserving ahead.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...It really does suck, ESPECIALLY for those of us who actually LIVE here and cannot book a spot in our own state, unless we do so a year in advance !!

I'm gonna start a grassroots petition to allow Florida residents first choice in booking reservations !!!
    You guys have heat in your campers so camp in the cold !!!

Only jokin....

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Yeah...It really does suck, ESPECIALLY for those of us who actually LIVE here and cannot book a spot in our own state, unless we do so a year in advance !!

I'm gonna start a grassroots petition to allow Florida residents first choice in booking reservations !!!
    You guys have heat in your campers so camp in the cold !!!

Only jokin....

Michael
    But Michael, if all us northerners did not head to Florida and spend a LOT of money you might have to pay state income tax. Just. Jokin. Would you happen to have a spot in your driveway for a few nights ??