Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    ...You mentioned a full tank of water, Is our water tank over the axles??
    Thanks
    I am not positive, but I think it is just in front of the axles. Especially since that is where the 2 inch drain and one of the fresh water fill spouts are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck_Camper.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	25673
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I have the same rig exactly, brought the trailer home today. Scary with the porpoising and all, but I guess I will get used to it. Truck certainly has the power. but due to my inexperience I was wishing for a 3500!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the shout out! I’m not sure why but I feel like the trailers are getting a little heavier every model year. I know the holding tanks have grown each of the last three years.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicatriz View Post
    Hello! I have the same rig exactly, brought the trailer home today. Scary with the porpoising and all, but I guess I will get used to it. Truck certainly has the power. but due to my inexperience I was wishing for a 3500!
    I installed airbags on my truck last year to help with my propoise-ing. I set up my wdh perfectly, then inflate the bags to 20psi. That way they don't undo the work of the wdh. The other thing that made a big difference in towing experience was to replace my 'passenger' tires with 'LT' tires.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicatriz View Post
    Welcome!

Your trailer should NOT be porpoising except every once in a while, such as when going over large dips or bumps at speed. Your WDH should transfer enough weight to your truck's front axles and to the trailer's axles that the truck fronts weigh nearly the same as when the truck is unloaded. If the WDH bars are either too weak or is not 'tightened down enough' then there won't be sufficient weight transfer from the ball of the hitch to the truck fronts and the trailer axle.

We have the baby brother to yours - the Imagine 2400BH - and it's lighter in the front than the 2800BH but still requires 1000lb bars on our Husky Centerline WDH. I've got mine fairly 'tight' and the truck front axle weight is within 20 pounds of it's unloaded weight when I've weighed the rig on a CAT scale all set up for a camping trip. That includes about a 3/4 tank of fresh water, full propane, all clothing, full fridge and pantry, etc. No porpoising and minimal sway in strong cross winds or when being passed by a semi going much faster than us.

Ask questions on here if you're unsure of how to set up your WDH - lots of folks willing and able to help out!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. In fairness, the porpoising was only over bumps (still scary with my inexperience and all).

I was told I was going to get a Husky Centerline, I actually got an EAZ-Lift R3. There was way more sway than I expected, but that could be the friction collar was not tight enough. Unsure if I should complain to the dealer (of course the salesman's promise was verbal)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12