User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford Puck System

We recently bought a 2017 F350 Lariat CC DRW 6.7 LB 4X4 and now we need to put a hitch in it. How do I tell for sure whether or not this truck has the PUCK system for the hitch mount? It does have the four small pockets in the bed. But someone told us that the main part of the puck system is under the bed. Can anyone explain what we need to look for to tell for sure whether we have it or not?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be 4 or 5 holes in the center of the bed between the wheel wells about the size of a hockey puck. There might be plastic caps on each of the holes as well.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the 4 or 5 holes in the bed that are covered with plastic caps, you have the fifth wheel/goose prep package. If you only have the 4, someone bought the Ford parts to install the puck mount system only. Ive never seen a truck without the mounting pucks if you have the holes but have read where someone on the line forgot to install the part onto the frame. So pull the cover off and you should see a round piece of metal with a slot in it. Metal will be flush with the floor of the bed. If its just a giant hole with what looks like a pocket, the puck mounts are not there. Sorry, dont have a pic to post
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLR650goldwing View Post
    We recently bought a 2017 F350 Lariat CC DRW 6.7 LB 4X4 and now we need to put a hitch in it. How do I tell for sure whether or not this truck has the PUCK system for the hitch mount? It does have the four small pockets in the bed. But someone told us that the main part of the puck system is under the bed. Can anyone explain what we need to look for to tell for sure whether we have it or not?
    If you have the factory "5th wheel prep" package, i.e. pucks and 7 pin connector in the bed they will look like mine. The five covers in the center are the attachment points. I removed the plastic cover on the bottom left puck so you can see the actual attachment point (in front of the knife). The center cover is for a gooseneck ball. If you do not have the pucks, you will see just the 4 bolts (outer most "things" in my picture). These are NOT hitch mounting points. You will also have a 7 pin electrical connector on the left lower rear side of the bed. Note: I have modified mine to include the 12 pin Ford TPMS/Camera connector, but it will be in the same place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pucks.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	24962 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 pin_low.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	24963

Hope this helps

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There would be 5 holes in your bed as CoChris shows between the wheel welss, but should have plastic covers in them.
    Last edited by Brother_Bluto; 02-21-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax