Quote Originally Posted by fioen57 View Post
We bought our new 2019, Grand Design in Huntley Illinois. We agreed to a no haggle price. The extras and the costs of them was not handled very up front. That being said we had never purchased any new vehicle new ever and did not know what we were doing. We were in the dealership so long, we signed up for a tire program, extended warranty, coach net, gap insurance, wax or protector spray plan, really not understanding or knowing if it was all worth it. We just wanted to get out of there. After we left I in the following weeks I asked several times what my final cost would be to and did not and could receive an answer until I picked it up. That add on price was high. I should have known better, we ended up cancelling some of those things and getting partial refund. Please learn from my mistakes. I do not know if my problems where dealer related just learn from my mistakes. Good Luck!!!
The finance guy is worse than the salesman. LOL You have to watch that guy. He is there to sell you stuff you don't need. They sell the loan wax protection's and warranties. They are in the business of picking your other pocket when you are looking. I go in there with my mind made up. I don't buy extended warranties on anything. If you save that money for repairs than the interest goes in your pocket even though it's only pennies. You don't have to pay a deductible on top of what you paid for the warranty. The warranty starts the day you bought the trailer not after the manufacturers warranty is up. Paint protections is a joke. That stuff doesn't last as long as they say.
I do hope you got the majority of your money back.