User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fees

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly 3006 View Post
    I am looking to buy a Transcend explor 221rb. Did you use the sticker price from the dealer or the price from the build and price page on grand design site? I am seeing a hugh difference in prices from the website and a actual sticker at the dealer. ANd dont see any difference between the trailer on dealer lot and the actual website build and price function. I was thinking of using the GD build price, add in a shipping fee at a $1(my research) a mile from factory to dealer and add in their stupid doc fee(this fee really P*ss me off) then take 35% off. I can take care of tax, title, reg fee myself. Does this sound about right? I will be paying cash no financing.
    The build it page on GD's website does not include freight and prep charges. (read the fine print)

MSRP should match the build it page plus freight and prep fees. Freight will vary greatly on distance from Indiana to the dealer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same way I shop tires... What is the "out the door" price? The more point to point comparisons, the more points of potential confusion and the dealer's finance department loves confusion. They may allow you 5K more for your trade, but they will be working that 5K back in over several line items. That gives you one direct point to concentrate on. Then take into consideration the dealers reputation, any prior relationship , and the possibility of future warranty visits.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The build it page on GD's website does not include freight and prep charges. (read the fine print)

MSRP should match the build it page plus freight and prep fees. Freight will vary greatly on distance from Indiana to the dealer.

The prices I saw at two different shows were way off. I cant believe people pay those prices! But then again 99% only care about the monthly payment. You love those types though.LOL I dont blame you they deserve what they get. WHat amazes me is you guys finance these things for up to 15yrs and a lot of camp grounds dont allow over 10yr old rvs on their grounds.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly 3006 View Post
    But then again 99% only care about the monthly payment..
    Talking monthly payment is the worse thing you can do. They will fit whatever you want into the monthly payment you desire even if it means stretching the payments further than reasonable. When I was talking to the finance guy it was about bottom line price, and interest rate. I had a loan calculator pulled up on my phone and gave the finance guy my monthly payment faster then his fingers could work his calculator. I pretty much had all the figures, terms, and interest rate scenarios worked out days before I went in with the finance guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our goal was 30% off MSRP out the door.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was shopping at General RV and they quoted me 33500 out the door on a unit with a 36000 msrp. 3500 of that was fees. I didn’t even counter offer that. I went elsewhere and paid about $25000. Don’t get played by these fools.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to General in Mi. I got 30% off and no fees. Also, ordered what I wanted on it. No hassles at all. Ended up with a few small issss.

Setting Up Camp Dreamin’ Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    It is all over the map, no question about it. We have tire levy ($5/tire) and the usual sales taxes, state/province and federal. No municipal or county tax yet. Documentation (between $100 and $200), gas certification (usually set at $185) an an Enviro levy of up to $100 are added by many local dealers. Others often say there are no other fees other than sales tax. All title, license and other fees are assessed by our provincial vehicle insurance company and are the same regardless of dealer.
    What the heck is a tire levy??!!
    Duane, Mary Jo and Milo the Dog = Full Timers
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty ccsb, 4x4, 6.7 Lariat
    2019 GD Momentum 351M.
    2016 BMW R1200 GS toy hauler toy.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our new 2019, Grand Design in Huntley Illinois. We agreed to a no haggle price. The extras and the costs of them was not handled very up front. That being said we had never purchased any new vehicle new ever and did not know what we were doing. We were in the dealership so long, we signed up for a tire program, extended warranty, coach net, gap insurance, wax or protector spray plan, really not understanding or knowing if it was all worth it. We just wanted to get out of there. After we left I in the following weeks I asked several times what my final cost would be to and did not and could receive an answer until I picked it up. That add on price was high. I should have known better, we ended up cancelling some of those things and getting partial refund. Please learn from my mistakes. I do not know if my problems where dealer related just learn from my mistakes. Good Luck!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin’ Dreamers View Post
    What the heck is a tire levy??!!
    It's what some states charge for the tires on the vehicle. NY has it too - @ $2.00 each tire. Just another way for the government to get your money. I would have bought in PA, but no one had what I wanted - and $8.00 was never going to be a deal breaker.... What's sad is I will end up paying to get rid of the tires too.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 03-04-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast