Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fees

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fees

What fees can one expect after you have negotiated a price? This look normal? :
    Admin. fee, which incudes your temp. tags, documentation and processing costs comes out to $519.00.
    Taxes, 2 yr tags, and lien costs equals out to $1,476.00.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyK View Post
    What fees can one expect after you have negotiated a price? This look normal? :
    Admin. fee, which incudes your temp. tags, documentation and processing costs comes out to $519.00.
    Taxes, 2 yr tags, and lien costs equals out to $1,476.00.
    It really depends on where you live and where you purchase.

Sales tax, title, registration fees, license fee depend on the State, county and City you register the trailer in. Dealer has no say on that. Just a pass through (or pass off) cost to the buyer.

Finance fee, in additions to down payment and interest, depends on the lending institute. If the dealer handles financing, they will probably make up the fee(s) for their profit.

Insurance will probably be required by lending institute and/or by law. Cost is between you and your insurance company. If you go through the dealer, they will probably mark up the cost.

Dealer can (will) dd on their own fees (documentation, lending/origination, PDI, etc). Whatever they feel they can get away with. They should give you an upfront, total for dealer add on fee(s). Much of this can be negotiated/rolled into the purchase price. I will only talk to the dealer about total, out the door price (excluding tax, title, license fees - see above). How they want to handle their fees is up to them.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-20-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $519 for admin fee? Sounds like the dealer is just making an extra $519 to pay for their loan/financing employee.

Title fee and taxes a dealer has no option with that. It will depend on the state and county where you reside. In my case, Wilkinson Co., GA - 7% sales tax and a $21 title fee. That was it.

I would check around with other dealers and see what kind of fees everyone else is charging.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is all over the map, no question about it. We have tire levy ($5/tire) and the usual sales taxes, state/province and federal. No municipal or county tax yet. Documentation (between $100 and $200), gas certification (usually set at $185) an an Enviro levy of up to $100 are added by many local dealers. Others often say there are no other fees other than sales tax. All title, license and other fees are assessed by our provincial vehicle insurance company and are the same regardless of dealer.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others said, depends where you live. Huge variation from State to State in the US on motor vehicle fees and what can be charged as administration fees by dealers. For example, MD has a maximum dealers can charge (and they all seem to charge the max), while PA is silent on the matter.
    Sales tax is what it is, and public knowledge. Loan processing, origination, underwriting, etc. fees can be whatever as long as the lending institution's standard, and they have to be disclosed upfront. FWIW, yours seem inline with my experience.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak on our purchase from Coachlight RV in Carthage MO. If I had to give them a grade it would be an A+

No additional fees period. Deal and add-ons where negotiated about a month prior to taking possession. It was agreed at that time that no documents would be signed until PDI was completed and all issues corrected. We did not use dealer financing.

As a resident of Arkansas, I paid state tax upon registration in my home state.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 02-20-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: additon
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easy way around the fee issue is to negotiate an “out-the-door” price. I knew about what the fees would be for license, title, sales tax, etc., as well as the sticker price. I calculated 35% off the sticker, added the fees, and that’s where the negotiation started. I stuck very close to my numbers and ended up at about 33% off list, plus my calculated fees.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    The easy way around the fee issue is to negotiate an “out-the-door” price. I knew about what the fees would be for license, title, sales tax, etc., as well as the sticker price. I calculated 35% off the sticker, added the fees, and that’s where the negotiation started. I stuck very close to my numbers and ended up at about 33% off list, plus my calculated fees.
    I am looking to buy a Transcend explor 221rb. Did you use the sticker price from the dealer or the price from the build and price page on grand design site? I am seeing a hugh difference in prices from the website and a actual sticker at the dealer. ANd dont see any difference between the trailer on dealer lot and the actual website build and price function. I was thinking of using the GD build price, add in a shipping fee at a $1(my research) a mile from factory to dealer and add in their stupid doc fee(this fee really P*ss me off) then take 35% off. I can take care of tax, title, reg fee myself. Does this sound about right? I will be paying cash no financing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can only add what our experience was on this rig. We bought it in NY, which has a tire fee of $2.00 per tire. All other documentation fees (title, registration, and so on) were refunded by the dealer. We did register through the dealer in PA, our home state. We didn't finance so that was not an issue. Everything in the deal was what we had discussed the prior month, except a little glitch with the install of the hitch. They were going to overcharge me for the install because it was not the hitch that was originally on the invoice. DW caught that, we had a discussion with our salesman, and it was corrected very quickly.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Florida there’s no regulation on dealer fees.

Back in 2017:
    Palm RV in Naples FL quoted $499 “Clerical & Closing” fee
    Lazy Days in Tampa invoiced $349 “Delivery” Fee

Recently Car dealers here are all over the place from $299-$999 dealer fees.

Here’s invoice from 2016 with a $349 fee from LazyDays in Tampa when we bought an Imagine 2800bh

Last edited by Jerryr; 02-20-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast