User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    To each his own... you'll have to live with your choices for whatever manner you choose your defense.
    That is true. If you choose none, you'll have to live with that too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bats are like guns with a single bullet, you’ll likely get one shot to hit someone then they’ll be able to get close enough to you to take it away from you and beat you with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always be sure you want to destroy what you point your weapon at before you point it at your target

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh, the good ole 2nd Amendment debate. And even during an election year.

I've read all the prior posts, and here's my two cents worth...….
    I am a grown, responsible adult. I have a very respectful job, a nice home, an amazing wife and 4 children. I also have a concealed carry permit (which in our state, allows you to open carry as well). I have a handgun in the safe by my bed, a shotgun in the closet, carry my 9mm with me at all times, and ALWAYS have a handgun with me when I'm staying in the RV.
    However, you would likely see me walking down the street, or at WalMart…….. and never even know.

The simple fact is this, and is so with most all who have a concealed carry permit...….. We don't want to shoot anybody, or even be in that situation where we HAVE to make that choice. However, if push comes to shove, and I am backed in to that position to protect myself, my family, or anyone else for that matter from a life threatening situation, I will be prepared to do so, and I will have no regrets, second thoughts, or hesitate to do so.

To me, its a responsibility. I am obligated to protect my family - that promise I made to God when I married my wife and we created a family. Furthermore, the fact that I decided to obtain a concealed carry permit put further obligations and responsibilities on me. I am obligated and expected to be well trained in the use and safe handling of that firearm, as well as knowing when to use it and more importantly when not to use it.

I want peace and quiet just like you do. I want to be left alone to do my own thing in my own way, when I'm at home and in the RV. But as we all know, in this day and age - crazy people and crazy things happen whether you are looking for trouble or not.
    Bottom line is that I could live with myself, no matter what the result is, if I did everything I could to protect my family. I could never forgive myself if I wasn't prepared and didn't do enough to protect them.

This choice is mine, and the way I live. You do what you feel comfortable with and can live with. But either way - make a plan, be prepared, and stay aware.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    And not only is it considered a deadly weapon when used, it is one of the most likely weapons to cause death. My problem with it is limited range. I would like to be able to deal with the threat at a variety of ranges, further away being better.
    I am not concerned about the range. Kayos takes care of that for me. He is a well trained American Bulldog (not a Pit). 115 lbs of muscle that follows commands and protects my family. I am not against guns, concealed or not, I grew up in a small town that most farmers always carried a side arm. My experience is that a large number of people can unload a full mag and not hit the target even once. Kayos will always hit his target.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't go to places that won't back you. I won't loiter in CA, IL or MA. Maybe VA if things continue. I'll spend my money and time where I'm wanted.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    Seriously......spray and an air horn to dissuade a meth head......coming through your RV window/door, or your brick & mortar bedroom door..........wish you luck!
    I’ll tell my daughter who scared off an intruder, climbing through her bedroom window, with the air horn she kept next to her bed, that it won’t work. I’ll make sure to also tell her neighbors, who were woken up by the incredible noise, that it won’t work. Or, maybe it just works on rapists, not methheads.

It’s called a “deterrence”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, glad it worked for your daughter.

Just not my way/style of handling a potentially bad situation, must go back to that MP training in 67
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfluther View Post
    I am not concerned about the range. Kayos takes care of that for me. He is a well trained American Bulldog (not a Pit). 115 lbs of muscle that follows commands and protects my family. I am not against guns, concealed or not, I grew up in a small town that most farmers always carried a side arm. My experience is that a large number of people can unload a full mag and not hit the target even once. Kayos will always hit his target.
    A well trained American Bulldog would be a formidable weapon indeed. Hard to concealed carry though...
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewb View Post
    I keep my bear spray handy for angry bears and people acting like angry bears. It is suppose to have a range of 30 feet.
    So what if the weather environment does not permit deployment of a spray? Mentally ill, drunk, or drug-influenced persons will likely not be greatly effected so then what will you do? Who is to say there is only one attacker? Then what? Be prepared for the worse-case scenario. As a retired LEO, cops will do there best to respond ASAP but realistically the event is far over by the time cops arrive so basically you are on your own! Just my opinion & experience...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast