User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying pulling the hubs is bad, but I would agree with Geotex and say it is not the norm and should have been brought up when making the deal.

I asked for it, and as others have said, this was during a time that there were known issues and it took contacting GD to pay for it.

All that said, the offer to have a technician check and take pictures sounds very reasonable.
    Last edited by Keebler; 02-21-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Not saying pulling the hubs is bad, but I would agree with Geotex and say it is not the norm and should have been brought up when making the deal.

I asked for it, and as others have said, this was during a time that there were known issues and it took contacting GD to pay for it.

All that said, the offer to have a technician check and take pictures sounds very reasonable.
    I agree with bringing it up before the sale. I didn't mention it in my post but I did bring it up during the sale and insisted the sales guy agree before signing the paperwork. His memory was a bit fuzzy on that. My bad was that I should have made a note of his agreement on the sale document that he and we signed. Fortunately he seems to be coming around today. When I provided him with the info from Jerry (see post #9 ) he says now that of course they encourage full walk throughs but that my term PDI confused him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm thankful that the delivery manager is now involved and hopefully we'll be all set for a great inspection next Friday. At least they know what to expect so that maybe they'll do their own PDI a bit more thoroughly.
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It should be obvious... They did not include the loss of shop labor in their sales price to you. Chain dealers like Lazy maintain uniform profit margins on sales. This is fact. Now you are asking them for free service. I'm not in any way backing them, just explaining the why. I'm sorry, but pulling hubs is not a standard PDI and is atypical. Thorough - yes, but not the norm. This is where customer satisfaction and maintaining loyalty decisions come in, and perhaps you have already presented to the dealer as a buyer who won't return for servicing. Now, the matter of no PDI at all, if I read you right, needs a quick dial to GD because it is a requirement of the dealer's contractual obligations with GD to perform such!
    Rob, you make a good point. I didn't mention it but I did bring this whole matter up to the sales guy and insisted on his agreement before we completed the order. His memory is a bit fuzzy on that. My bad was not noting it on the order. I do plan to return there for servicing if it's major. Minor things I have always fixed myself, to me it's a waste of my time and the dealers to bring an RV in for minor stuff just because it might be "under warranty." To be clear, they do claim they are doing the GD mandated PDI but it is my request to do one that seems confusing. I did send them the pics Jerry provided in post #9 and that seems to be clearing up any "confusion". ; )
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    I agree with bringing it up before the sale. I didn't mention it in my post but I did bring it up during the sale and insisted the sales guy agree before signing the paperwork. His memory was a bit fuzzy on that. My bad was that I should have made a note of his agreement on the sale document that he and we signed. Fortunately he seems to be coming around today. When I provided him with the info from Jerry (see post #9 ) he says now that of course they encourage full walk throughs but that my term PDI confused him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm thankful that the delivery manager is now involved and hopefully we'll be all set for a great inspection next Friday. At least they know what to expect so that maybe they'll do their own PDI a bit more thoroughly.
    Sounds like everything is coming together nicely. Congratulations and happy travels!!
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, safe travels. A note on the sales contract is the best way to ensure needs/wants of the client are addressed without issue.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    This is where customer satisfaction and maintaining loyalty decisions come in, and perhaps you have already presented to the dealer as a buyer who won't return for servicing. Now, the matter of no PDI at all, if I read you right, needs a quick dial to GD because it is a requirement of the dealer's contractual obligations with GD to perform such!
    I don't know where you read that a dealer is contractually required to do a PDI or other obligations as spelled out on the GD website. I asked the dealer to do PDI and any prep before I got there to take ownership and was told by the salesman that they didn't do that. When I bought it up 10 months ago to the first Customer Service Supervisor I was dealing with, I was told that although dealers were asked to abide by the guidelines and requirements there was no means of enforcement to make them do so.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I had to pay over $1000 for my PDI which was nothing other than telling me how the trailer works which was useless since I have owned trailers for over 20 years. I should have watch them conduct a leak test (which is not part of the PDI) since both of my slides and outside kitchen leak. It does not matter the brand, dealer or service center. The manufacture is all about pushing it through the factory making it look good enough to sell when it gets to the lot. The dealer just wants to make the sell and the service department gets to fix everything (if they are even qualified to figure it out) at such a reduced manufacturer warranty price that they do not make money and just want to get it out of the service department. The whole RV model is broken and unfortunately I am part of the problem as a consumer for not holding them to a higher standard. I had anticipated trading in my 2019 trailer and 2018 truck and upgrading when I retire in a few years to travel the country, now I will invest my money in a cabin with some land. I guess after 20 years I am finally making my stand and trying not to be part of the problem anymore.
    Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had made them pull the hubs on our 2670MK last year when we did the PDI. I did the normal walk through and look at everything. Found a few items that needed to be repaired before we picked it up and had a couple of warranty items that needed to be ordered. First trip out the passengers side rear wheel came off in the storage lot when backing it in. Bearing failure. I guess we live and learn.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be some confusion as to what a PDI actually means. In the RV service it is the pre delivery inspection. This is where the tech should hook up with water to test all aspects, fill the LP tanks and test all appliances and do a pressure test on the system, open/ close doors, drawers, cabinets, etc. Then these things either get repaired or parts ordered as needed.

How Joe Public understands PDI is THEIR pre deliver inspection, when actually you are doing what we call a walk though. Yes you are inspecting it before delivery but you are learning how to use the features and functions of the appliances and such, having any issues repaired and/ or documented for later. Your walk through can be extensive or short and sweet, up to you.

Maybe Bearii this is where you and your sales person are having those "fuzzy" issues, Lazy days may call the walk though just that and he's thinking you want to do what the tech actually does in getting the unit ready for you?? And if you do have them take the wheels off, make sure you have your torque wrench with you so you can check the lugs after you've pulled away about 100 miles.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    Anyone had other experiences with LazyDays in Seffner FL, please share. Update: Delivery manager called and will go over my PDI list tonight and let me know of any concerns.
    For us it was a long drawn out process with their paperwork. We had everything ready to go in and sign but it was a game with their "finance guru", would have been easier to pay cash! Nice thing is you get to stay on the lot the first night to find any issues. The next morning we were able to call up the tech with the card he gave us and able to have a few more minor things fixed. We stayed an extra couple days at their campground also to get used to the rv. Our salesman came and visited us a couple times at the rv park to make sure all was good. We had a ten page PDI list that we went thru step by step with the tech without any complaints.
    Overall, not a bad experience, just ended up frustrated when we found out the same exact RV (320MKS) in Orlando was a full $10,000 less. When we went to trade in our 320 for our 230 we price shopped better and our 230 was a full $10,000 less in Orlando as well.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast