User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andersen recommended to put a stall mat or similar under the AUH on my 2017 F350. Even though I had the factory spray-in bed liner, I ended up also installing the Ford Superduty rubber bed mat, and cut out holes for the factory pucks. Worked great with the AUH, and kept other stuff from sliding around on the spray-in. I liked the AUH, but I didn't like the angle that I had to get the trailer to for getting up and over the pin... and even with the AUH, the nose of our 28BH could make contact under the right conditions and required paying attention on tight turns and uneven ground. Since I have two kids in the backseat that added to the distractions, I decided to just get a Demco Autoslider and not have to think about it. I kept the bed-mat, but cut a rectangle out for the Demco. With the F450, I again did the bed mat on top of the spray in liner, and cut it out to fit the B&W fixed hitch.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford F-250 6 3/4" bed. Pullrite superglide auto slider. Been happy with the performance in some very difficult backing situations. It is nice not to worry about the cab
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read a post on this site by a list member with a B&W Patriot who claimed he had to remove the tailgate to move the slider back. Pushed me in the direction of an Andersen Ultimate. I suspect every hitch and install has its quirks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a 18K Pullrite superglide. Normal driving does not need a slider but most of the campgrounds I have been in I would have hit my cab without a slider.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to weigh in here, we have used the Andersen Ultimate steel version for three years pulling a 33 foot Forest River Americana and absolutely love it. We just bought a Grand Design Solitude ST377mbs to replace it. Pulled it 550 miles with the Andersen no issues. We are going 1/2 way across the country this fall and I decided to upgrade to a second generation Reese Goosebox hitch. I believe that will work better for use and I will not have to worry about storage or theft of the hitch out of the bed of the truck. I have an 8 foot bed as I feel like anything less is useless. Since you are asking about the Andersen you must have a gooseneck hitch in your truck. I would go to the Reese Goosebox.

Left The Driveway Campingwithcorgies's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Pullrite Superglide, it is an auto slider for our 3350RL. I like the way it functions and I have peace of mind that the cap won't hit the truck cab. Downside, it is pricey at $1300 bucks and it weighs over 200lbs. We tow with a F250 Crew Cab, 6 3/4 ft bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Just purchased a 2020 Reflection 311bhs and need to get a hitch now. I'm driving a 2017 F350 crewcab shortbox (6 3/4 ft box). Wondering if anyone is pulling with this setup without a slider? Also thinking about the Andersen but reading some stuff that's making me shy away from it. Opinions and experiences plus pictures if you have them please!
    You should be just fine with the Andersen Hitch. Make sure you use a torque wrench to tighten down all the nuts. The other thing to watch out for is turning sharply on uneven ground. The trailer should clear just fine on level ground, but the nose may did into the cab on uneven ground. I speak from experience. We had a 29RS and had no problems on a 2500 mile trip. Except for a flat tire.

PS I did put in a rubber liner. The hitch did slip without the liner.
    Last edited by dannsh; 02-29-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used a PullRite Super Glide when we had the short bed. Wouldn't have made it in several sites, let alone down the dirt road to our house, without it. We had to get a new truck so got a full bed and a new hitch for it. We have our Super Glide for sale of you are interested.
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 303RLS and have a F350 SD with the 6.7 PSD and the short bed. I researched the Anderson Ultimate and decided to buy it. Pulled the RV once so far and everything seemed fine. Going south at the end of the month so we should know more after that. We have the Rhino liner sprayed in liner with the rubber bed mat.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
    Did a lot of research and talked to a lot of owners before we purchased a hitch. The Andersen Ultimate was an easy decision.
    X2 on the Andersen...Used one for over 5 years on my old 5er. Worked great.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast