User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Demco Autoslider here, made some very sharp turns over the years. Con, It weights 300 lbs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    When I had a short bed truck we had a B&W Companion Slider. Our Reflection is a bit larger than the 311 - a slider is cheap insurance although if you navigate carefully and choose camp sites wisely you should rarely need it. B&W makes a great hitch it is the only one I’ll use. Good luck!
    I second the B&W slider. It is great with the short box. When slid out. There is plenty of room. And it is very solid. No worries at all

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 F350 w/ shortbed and a 311BHS. The Demco worked great for our first trip. Glad I had it a few times backing into super tight sites. Everything is built solid but the one side of the legs didn’t fit. I ended up having to grind the legs down a little.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Andersen Ultimate Hitch in a 2018 RAM 3500 with the 6'4" bed and have approximately 4000 miles of towing a Solitude 310GK, and no problems whatsoever with it. I also have the safety chain pucks that fit in the Ram puck system and those keep the hitch aligned with the bed of the truck because the corners of the hitch frame fit just between those attachment points. Also if you choose the Andersen, remember to torque the main bolt again after your unit is hooked up with the hitch weight resting on the hitch. It takes up the slack after the weight of the trailer puts more downward pressure on the hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not had any problems with the Andersen Ultimate hitch. Approximately 4000 miles on it and no problems. The offset of the ball placement and hitch design give you about 4 more inches of maneuvering room. I have a RAM 3500 with the 6'4" bed and no problems at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Momentum 351 and 2017 Ram 3500 srw short bed. My last fiver had a Standard B&W companion/turn over ball gooseneck with an 05 Dodge 2500 long bed truck. Love the B&W it is the best made fifth wheel hitch on the market in my opinion, however it is very heavy and cumbersome when you need to remove it. Never had any problems with the B&W in 10‘S of thousands of miles unless the truck was pretty far off camber to the trailer but that is the way it is with any fifth wheel hitch. When I bought the Momentum 351 last year I did a ton of research and settled on the 20K Reese Gooseball. I have to say I am in love with the Goosebox hitch and B&W turn over ball hitch. I have a short bed truck and also use the 4” offset ball also made by B&W. No problems with tight turns and can get pretty close to 90 degrees though never measured it exactly. The Goosebox has shocks and an airbag inside the hitch and it toes amazingly well, no porpoising at all. My 351 has approximately 3000 lbs of hitch weight depending on what I’m hauling. The Gooseneck ball is low in the bed of the truck so hitching up takes a little longer than a fifth wheel hitch at first but with a bed camera and practice it’s about the same for me. Best part is after you disconnect the trailer you pull the latch in the fender well, turn the gooseneck ball over and presto you have a flat bed again. It took longer to write the sentence than the actual process. I have 34” tall tires on my truck and adjusted the Goosebox hitch up enough to have 10” clearance between the truck bed rails and the trailer. Trailer is about 1” nose high. I wouldn’t go back to a fifth wheel hitch after using the Goosebox. Lippert also approves of the Reese Goosebox for warranty purposes.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best hitch is an Anderson hitch.ch

We have a 2019 Reflection MKS 320. We have an Anderson hitch. We have met other RVer's that have Anderson hitches. Everyone is pleased with it and so are we. We pull our 5th wheel with a F 350 crew cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Just purchased a 2020 Reflection 311bhs and need to get a hitch now. I'm driving a 2017 F350 crewcab shortbox (6 3/4 ft box). Wondering if anyone is pulling with this setup without a slider? Also thinking about the Andersen but reading some stuff that's making me shy away from it. Opinions and experiences plus pictures if you have them please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 311bhs and use a B&W slider. Tv is a 3500 BUS Denali. Wouldn't think of any other hitch. Have only had to use the slider a few times but when I did i was sure glad I had it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother pulls his 42 footer with a Gm Sierra 2500 short bed. We installed a B & W slider in his truck, but in 3 summers and a dozen or more trips he has never actually needed the slider. It is more of a warm and fuzzy thing for him... You just have to be vigilant when you back-up. We have a long-bed F250 so no slider for us. When my wife and I back our Solitude using walkie-talkies she watches the back of the unit. My eyes are glued to the truck bed so the pin box doesn't hit the sides of the truck bed....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th Wheel Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Just purchased a 2020 Reflection 311bhs and need to get a hitch now. I'm driving a 2017 F350 crewcab shortbox (6 3/4 ft box). Wondering if anyone is pulling with this setup without a slider? Also thinking about the Andersen but reading some stuff that's making me shy away from it. Opinions and experiences plus pictures if you have them please!
    We purchased a 2018 Reflection 311bhs and a 2018 F350 crewcab shortbox (6 3/4 ft box). We decided on the B&W slider hitch and have traveled 17,400 mi and have never used the slider but would buy slider again if just for peace of mind. We have the factory puck system and spray in bed liner and no problems so far. We have also installed a 66 gal fuel tank in-between cab and hitch. Have fun & Be safe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast