User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th wheel hitch advice needed

Just purchased a 2020 Reflection 311bhs and need to get a hitch now. I'm driving a 2017 F350 crewcab shortbox (6 3/4 ft box). Wondering if anyone is pulling with this setup without a slider? Also thinking about the Andersen but reading some stuff that's making me shy away from it. Opinions and experiences plus pictures if you have them please!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a lot of research and talked to a lot of owners before we purchased a hitch. The Andersen Ultimate was an easy decision.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it ever twist in the bed at all and do you have a bed liner, if so what type i.e. drop in or sprayed in?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had a short bed truck we had a B&W Companion Slider. Our Reflection is a bit larger than the 311 - a slider is cheap insurance although if you navigate carefully and choose camp sites wisely you should rarely need it. B&W makes a great hitch it is the only one I’ll use. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B&W best hitch made.....
    That is what I use....
    I used a non slider B&W hitch in my Mega Cab Dodge...
    Had to be careful.....
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-21-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Does it ever twist in the bed at all and do you have a bed liner, if so what type i.e. drop in or sprayed in?
    Not at all. I have the factory spray in bedliner.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spray bed liner is fine you dont need a slider. If you go with the B&W there is enough adjustment in the hitch that you will never need a slider. I have a SB and never once have i needed a slider. I have more than 35,000 miles on mine right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say for 99% of driving you don't need a slider. I invested in the B&W slider as insurance against the unforeseen. I just wanted the option for maximum maneuverability if I needed it. If you decide on a standard fifth-wheel hitch (slider or fixed), B&W is an excellent choice.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Spray bed liner is fine you dont need a slider. If you go with the B&W there is enough adjustment in the hitch that you will never need a slider. I have a SB and never once have i needed a slider. I have more than 35,000 miles on mine right now.
    If you don't mind me asking what is your TV and bed length and what RV are you pulling? Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what is your TV and bed length and what RV are you pulling? Thanks!
    I currently have a 15 F250 SB super cab. I have a 03 Montana currently and plan to step up to a 344GK this year. I have towed across the US twice and been to Iowa where I am from 4 or 5 times. I have towed 35,000 miles so far. I live in Northern California now. I did have a couple issues but I moved the hitch back one hole and no more problems. There is still one more hole I can move the hitch back if I need to. You still need to watch when turning a sharp corner even with a slider. I even get out to make sure thinks are ok if I need to. I did some U turns in my hood and the truck was ok but on the flat ground I was good but when the corner of the trailer came up that is where the trouble came from. I still keep a close eye on the trailer but have been in all kinds of situations and no issues. My recommendation is start with the hitch in the furthest most back hole and see how it tows. When I get my new trailer I will move the hitch back and see how it works. Easier to move the hitch up rather than back. The B&W hitch has a handle that needs to be closed to lock the jaws around the pin. No way the hitch can come lose. I am 67 and still can get the hitch out of the truck by myself. I just lift it out and i don't use a come along.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast