User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Are you a glamp-bagger? Not many climbers on this forum.

My first thought was just take the RV and travel, but you covered that. NY to CA is a pretty good haul, we have done it a couple of times, but we did it in 3 months, not 3 days, big difference. But we still in enjoy just the traveling part of our full time RV life, 250-300 miles a day, stop, take a walk, eat dinner, do it again. Books on tape... 10 days = 3000 miles. Really depends on your stamina and inclinations.

IMHO invaders are not a huge problem. We have had them. Many places are loaded with them many places have none. But sitting empty is an invitation. We don't get too excited about it and just deal with it when it occurs.

I have met several people that travel extensively for work at RV parks. They winterize and disconnect everything, like you would if you were storing it. Then power it back up when they come back. Our dog has stayed at some wonderful kennel's, and we have hired pets sitters from rover dot com.

You'll find your way...
    Haha not necessarily even though it seems like that’s how it would become haha. I’ve never had any sort of RV or van life etc. I’ve always camped with a tent, no glamping

And yeah I would definitely try to just take the RV and travel to wherever I need to be. I would actually prefer that. But there would of course be instances where I couldn’t always do that. Such as if I needed to be in multiple places on the west coast but then one trip to the east coast. I wouldn’t drive to the east coast for that trip unless I had other projects there at that time. So I would just play it by ear and try to drive unless it didn’t make sense.

I’ve moved to and from Alaska and so know all about long treks, I would for sure want to not rush it and do similar to what you said and drive a few hundred miles a day. It was a lot easier with a truck and 8’ insulation though to stop wherever and camp for the night haha. So obviously would need a LOT more planning with a 40’ trailer lol. But I’m aware of that.

Thanks for the info about pet sitters too, that could be an option as well. Luckily as I mentioned I’d never need to leave at the drop of a hat so I’d always have plenty of time to prepare if I had to leave and the beat option for Aurora (husky).
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    ... and the bea(s)t option for Aurora (husky).
    Yup, the bottom line, taking care of our beloved fur babies. Sounds like you have it figure out. Many choices and options. Safe Travels!
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12