Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New TV tires - Nokian ROTIVA AT?

Anyone able to offer any personal experience with these tires? I am looking for something that is all weather (mountain snowflake) with a decent tread life warranty.
    Thought about Michelin's AT M/S2 (no snowflake) but can't find anything in my size (235/80R17) that fits those criteria.
    A possible second option might be the Sumitomo Encounter AT.
    Goodyear is not an option as my dealer doesn't stock them. ( I am able to get special pricing there )
    Thanks -Rob-
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. Mountain/Snowflake rated and 55,000 mile tread life. I put these on my work truck and have been very pleased with them. I'm second guessing myself that I didn't go with these for my personal truck.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to buy a couple of new Michelin tires yesterday for my F250 diesel. 40,000 miles on the old Michelins, and the fronts have plenty of tread while the rears were pretty slick.

I have a hard time getting advice on tires from dealers on different brands. Most tire dealers today are making their profits from rebates and kickbacks from tire manufacturers. The more they sell, the more they're paid in rebates or bonus'. That makes them tend to sell one premium brand and one budget brand--to keep the numbers up.

There's no way any tire dealer can afford to stock many tires with over 150 different sizes. They most often have to order tires in from their local tire warehouse who makes deliveries 2x daily. There's no reason to have so many sizes of tires--and especially no reason to have a high performance tire on an econobox.

Nexxen's are the budget brand for many tire stores. And it's probably the only tire brand I've not had over the years. I think they're okay, however.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about BFG AT’s? They’ve always been a solid AT snow tire. I have had the Michelin AT2’s. They were fine other then on plowed city streets. Ones with a little bit of ice seems to trip them up because they have so few sipes. My two sets of Michelin XLT/Defenders have been great in the snow. Not a manly looking AT but a great all around tire including snow. The only tires with more sipes are a true snow tire.