User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring LED lights to Motion Detection

I purchased these lights on amazon and plan on putting them in the front storage compartment.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plan on putting shelving in there so I,m gonna mount them on the front of the wall facing rear. I could easily tie them into the battery with a switch but I would like to tie them into the motion detected factory light in the ceiling. Has anyone done this? If it turns out to be a successful project I will likely do the same in the larger storage compartment (Basement).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by av8er79 View Post
    I purchased these lights on amazon and plan on putting them in the front storage compartment.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plan on putting shelving in there so I,m gonna mount them on the front of the wall facing rear. I could easily tie them into the battery with a switch but I would like to tie them into the motion detected factory light in the ceiling. Has anyone done this? If it turns out to be a successful project I will likely do the same in the larger storage compartment (Basement).
    Haven't done it yet, but plan to when I get ours out of storage. I did pull off a cover and connected a light to them and it came on with motion. The plan is to solder a wire inside the light to feed my lights, I like the ones you have picked out. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the motion switch shown in the picture below. I installed it on the ceiling of my basement with some LED light strips. Works great, lights turn on when I open the door and the sensor range is perfect.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200220-155411_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	24965

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Attachment 24966
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to do a similar project for the pantry. I looked at the LED motion light and saw very small diameter wires going to the LEDs. I think that I will open it up and try to connect my LED wires directly to the switch to the same place they did the built-in LEDs. I have a feeling they choose the smallest wire they could for their application. Hopefully a 6ft length of LEDs won't tax that light circuitry too much.

I will do my project next month when it warms up!
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS