User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asked for price from dealer about 3 hour drive ... I had prices from several others was quoted 38% off MSRP plus $995 prep ... done deal no haggle salesman said they price to sell and move over 60% on inventory monthly... next best price was used for $3900 more than new ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 2018gd2500rl , i remember the dealers price,for our unit they had left a dealer invoice in one of our cabinets. . We had a shipper bring to us from out of state and i was surprised at the dealer price of 13788.00! So is there wiggle room ? I understand that's there cost for it. So sale at retail say 27000.00 that's rock bottom to us.Anything north of that for our unit would be gravy! JYFI.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30% off MSRP is a good starting point, seen as high as 32%

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote is 33% off msrp + sales tax and any extras you would have to pay for; an extra battery, an extra 20# LP tank, etc.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new here and just starting the journey. So if I am understanding clearly, you all feel it's realistic to purchase a new GD Reflection fw for 25 to 30 % disc. off msrp otd?? Is that correct?
    Last edited by Davidjrjr; 03-10-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes 25%-30% off msrp is a common deal. Also watch out for hidden fees. Some dealers are ruthless with hidden fees, other dealers have none. You usually have to pay extra for hitches, brake controllers, slide toppers and things like that. Also depending on where you live you'll have taxes and title fees, those the dealer has no control over. Some dealers have document processing fees. To me that's a bogus fee to pay for the financing guys salary
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also some dealers try and sell you a bunch of extras. Extended warranty, paint sealer etc... Think carefully before you let them bundle all that into the financing.

When I bought my TT they asked me if I wanted an extended warranty. After inquiring it turns out I can wait as long as 11 months after purchasing the TT to purchase an extended warranty. I decided to hold off on the extended warranty idea.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 312, ended up at 34% off MSRP. Included in that price was a Blue Ox Sway Pro 2000. Only additional fees were tax and registration.

I have 3 recent quotes form 3 different dealers on a Solitude.

The first quote was from a very large, multi location dealer. Was quoted 30% off MSRP using a build sheet that didn’t look right to me. I took it home, researched the price, went on GDs website and built and priced and came up with an MSRP that was almost $15,000 less! Mentioned that build sheet I was given originally seemed wrong, and within an hour got a “new” build sheet that was same as website. Still quoted 30% off but then added $2600 in “dealer fees”, $1400 for a hitch and tax, tag, title. Oh, and +$1495 freight.

Quote from dealer #2 in different state and one we bought our 312 from was right at 32% off MSRP, including freight, with no additional dealer fees and included a B&W Companion hitch. Plus tax, tag, title.

Third dealer, closest to me, quoted $4000 off MSRP, including freight, which was just under 5% off. Plus $459 doc fee, tax, tag, title. When I mentioned other dealer discounts... crickets.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do an internet search nationwide for the exact same make model etc. Find the least expensive advertised one. Use that price for your bottom line OTD (Out the door) price, not one cent more. (This includes tax, registration, set up and all of the other pork that the dealers add). Call all local dealers within a reasonable radius of your location. Determine who has the exact unit you want. Make the offer over the phone making it clear that is your OTD price not one penny more. Once (and you will get a dealer to agree) you have a deal, get it in writing via an e mail in the salesperson’s own words. BE FIRM - YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT I GUARANTEE IT. Once you have this and have provided a down payment with your credit card and are physically driving to pick up your unit call the salesman and tell him you will not be interested in: The new car smell program, the upholstery protection package, the extended warranty, the 40 year subscription to the Good Sam's gold members club etc. (Unless of course you want all of this). This is how I purchase new cars and how I purchased my brand new 2018 2600RB. Works every time. (When I get to the dealer I make it very clear that I do not want to hear the new car smell program, extended warranty up sale presentation). Do not leave without taking the time to inspect every centimeter to include the entire under carriage and all tank drain handles of the unit you will be leaving with. BAM - DONE YOU JUST SAVED $10,000

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cost

Quote Originally Posted by Davidjrjr View Post
    I'm new here and just starting the journey. So if I am understanding clearly, you all feel it's realistic to purchase a new GD Reflection fw for 25 to 30 % disc. off msrp otd?? Is that correct?
    30 - 32% off
    Jimmy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast