Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Price vs MSRP

Hi folks,
    We have picked out our GD Imagine 2450RL and now ready to buy.. All the dealers show only the MSRP on their website unlike other brands showing the discounted selling price.
    MSRP for this unit is around the $36,000. If you would be so kind and share some of the discounts have you gotten when you made the purchase.
    Thank You

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    29% out the door all said and done. This included adding observation camera, maxx fans and covers for all fans. No additional fees from dealer.

Sales tax and registration paid to state upon registration.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Happy Campers View Post
    Hi folks,
    We have picked out our GD Imagine 2450RL and now ready to buy.. All the dealers show only the MSRP on their website unlike other brands showing the discounted selling price.
    MSRP for this unit is around the $36,000. If you would be so kind and share some of the discounts have you gotten when you made the purchase.
    Thank You
    We got about 25% off. Well, 25% off the 2016 model price, but we were buying a 2017, so it was really more.

What we did was ask for an online quote from a dealer that always quotes low (located about 3 hours away). Then we took it to the dealer closest to us (about 30 minutes away) and asked if they'd match it. Of course, we were willing to walk out from the closer dealer and travel to the further away to buy.

After we basically said OK and my husband and the salesman were off sorting out the paperwork, I discovered the rig we were sitting in and buying was the newer model, and I knew the quote we had was on the older one.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25% off Grand Design MSRP (dealer doesn't include any fees for Delivery / PDI / dealer fees ) minimum. So if the GD site says 30k for your build cost, you pay 22.5k your only extra tax, title and plate if necessary. That is a good starting point, you should be able to get that as I know people have gotten better.

Build it on the website and verify the dealers numbers.

Comparing price paid is hard because people have all kinds of different things going on. Delivery fees vary wildly, which I why I don't include them and the same goes for PDI and other dealer profit items. Dealers play games with the MSRP sheets, add fees, change charges etc.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-21-2020 at 10:37 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    29% out the door all said and done. This included adding observation camera, maxx fans and covers for all fans. No additional fees from dealer.

Sales tax and registration paid to state upon registration.
    Looks like their discounts are in the same range then of other brands if I’m willing to stick to my guns.....I am !
    Thank You

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 25% range at least gives me a good idea that there is a lot of room to negotiate a price I’m looking for.
    Than you much.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Forest Happy Campers;280076]The 25% + range at least gives me a good idea that there is a lot of room to negotiate a price I’m looking for.
    Than you much for the replies.

Please note I’m new at this forum and don’t have the posting down just yet but appreciate all of your replies in case I don’t get to directly.

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was MSRP $136.000 we got it $86.000 OTD. We sent many friends there for the same deal.
    Shop around. We had to drive 200 miles to find a dealer with 5 star service and deep discounts.
    We always shoot for 25% to 30% off and 5 star service.

A dealer could be zero stars customer service and Grand Design doesn’t care.
    The appalling Orange County Ca dealers are good examples.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me that 30% off MSRP is a very achievable goal which I have done twice. The trick is:
    Make sure you have obtained the correct MSRP. Seems the most accurate number is found only from the manufacturer, however, if that number is higher than what the dealer is stating (not likely, however...) then of course negotiate for 30% off the lower number. Be cautious as many dealers literally make up their own MSRP so it’s easier to confuse the customer. The primary goal of the dealership negotiator is to get and keep the customer mathematically confused and frustrated. Never be afraid to leave and clear your mind and return the next day. (Not later the same day). Good luck.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MSRP of our 2020 2400BH was $38,756. This MSRP included $3,950 in freight, which EVERY dealer on the West Coast seems to charge. We paid $26,540 (before taxes and registration). The only "extras" included in that price were 2 Interstate Batteries.

Essentially 32% off MSRP (if you include the freight) or 24% of MSRP (without including the freight). We are located in the Bay Area (California) for reference.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast