Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen Door Staying Latched

I got a 311BHS and the screen door wants to stay closed when opening the main door instead of staying attached to the door when opening. I adjusted the plastic hook that is designed to do this but it still seems to still happen sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by av8er79 View Post
    I got a 311BHS and the screen door wants to stay closed when opening the main door instead of staying attached to the door when opening. I adjusted the plastic hook that is designed to do this but it still seems to still happen sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are having the same problem! I had decided the two worked independently from each other. I’m glad to know the screen should stay attached to the door. Our plastic clip has come loose and the screws just spin in the hole. The entire door mechanism is very difficult to open.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adjusting entry/screen door latch

Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    We are having the same problem! I had decided the two worked independently from each other. I’m glad to know the screen should stay attached to the door. Our plastic clip has come loose and the screws just spin in the hole. The entire door mechanism is very difficult to open.
    When properly adjusted, the entry door will open with the screen door attached to it. Usually this is corrected by adjusting the screen door latch holder on inside of the entry door. This is the black square hook holding the screen door handle. Loosen the screws, move the hook downward so that it holds the screen door handle down to un-latch the screen door. Retighten the screws.

I attached pictures showing the hook and the screen door handle positions. One picture shows the handle latched in the hook and the screen door latch retracted so that both doors will move together. When unlatched from the hook, you can see the screen door latch extended to lock on the door jamb while the entry door is open.

NOTE: the plastic square hook and plastic door jamb periodically moved causing problems. I added a star washer under each screw head to prevent this problem from reoccurring.

Good Luck
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	25076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Latch retracted.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	25075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Latch extended.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	25074
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ACDW-Ottawa for such a thorough explanation and pictures!!
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am finding that the plastic bracket is not rigid enough and bends allowing the screen door handle to simply slip under it even when its been adjusted.