Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yagi antenna and 4G

All the recent talk got me to looking at options. I came across this and wondered if it would do the trick.

Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home and Office - Boost 4G LTE Data for Verizon AT&T and T-Mobile - 65dB Dual Band 700MHz Band 12/17/13 Cellular Repeater kit with High Gain Panel/Yagi Antennas https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TTMY2TX..._sZsuEbGNJZXY8

I have unlimited data (Hotspot included). I don't want another "data plan". Thoughts?

Eliminates the router/WiFi aspect I believe. Just boosting 4G in the rv.

Note: is this system password protected? Or can neighbors pick up on boosted signal?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That setup may somewhat limit your access in some areas. It will cover some service of the big 3 providers, but not Sprint and not most smaller providers. A 5 band setup like a Weboost is more versatile.

Anybody that can receive the output signal from your booster can use it. That really doesn’t affect you though as it’s an RF device, so bandwidth is determined by the signal characteristics and the tower. They’ll use bandwidth, but it will be the same bandwidth anybody connected to the tower can use.

Power for these is generally low on the indoor antenna so you don’t end up interfering with other people using direct to tower service.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, a lot less expensive then Weboost.....

I get a dB reading of around 114, not the best but I can connect. Wife's S7 drops calls.....so thinking this could strengthen signal to less then 100 dB would be huge......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also, the further you can separate the interior antenna from the external antenna, the better.
    If those two are within say 8 or 10 feet of each other you’ll get feedback loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to make sure the tower will be 700mhz, there are areas where that frequency isn't as commonly used even on the big boys. Yagi are also directional challenged. They need to be pointed within a few degrees of the tower or their performance suffers greatly.

Otherwise, let us know how it works if you go that route.
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-22-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Thanks, a lot less expensive then Weboost.....

I get a dB reading of around 114, not the best but I can connect. Wife's S7 drops calls.....so thinking this could strengthen signal to less then 100 dB would be huge......
    Are you wanting this for a fixed location or as you move?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Are you wanting this for a fixed location or as you move?
    We continue to travel but will snowbird at this location again next year for 4 months. Not the 1st place we have been that was borderline 4G Verizon.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Also, the further you can separate the interior antenna from the external antenna, the better.
    If those two are within say 8 or 10 feet of each other you’ll get feedback loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think I read 30' with this unit......that would be tight......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.