User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TPMS While In Storage Questions

We use our RV primarily in Spring through Fall and would like to know what others do to when you take your RV to storage for few weeks until the next trip. I would think these could be easily taken in storage.

Do you take the TPMS sensors off the wheels until the next trip?
    If you do take them off, do you removed the batteries?
    If you take them off, do you note the position for each wheel?

If you leave them of the wheels, has anyone had them stolen?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep our trailer in our driveway but remove the sensors during the winter and put them in the house with the monitor then put the original green caps on. Our TPMS came with stick on numbers 1-4... and I put them back in the same order. We’ve had ours for a few years now and I haven’t always been good at replacing the batteries each spring. It’s usually when a sensor takes a long time to pick up that reminds me to replace the battery which I keep a couple on hand.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are marked and I take them off at the end of every trip. At the end of the season I take out the batteries as I am afraid they might leak and carrode.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store my camper with the tpms installed, it is stored in a fenced storage lot. I have done this for the last 3 years with no issues. I do carry extra batteries with the expectation of replacing them every year.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    We use our RV primarily in Spring through Fall and would like to know what others do to when you take your RV to storage for few weeks until the next trip. I would think these could be easily taken in storage.

Do you take the TPMS sensors off the wheels until the next trip?
    If you do take them off, do you removed the batteries?
    If you take them off, do you note the position for each wheel?

If you leave them of the wheels, has anyone had them stolen?

Thanks,
    Mark
    We have the TST TPMS. We store the RV at home. Each sensor is labeled LF,LR,RF, RR. I used a permanent marker. Right now we go in the RV pretty much whenever we feel like it or the wife has a long weekend, so I leave the sensors on. If the RV will set for some months then I take the sensors off and recap the tires and unplug the repeater. It doesn't take that long to install or remove them. Removing the external sensors from the tires is supposed to shut off the sensor. Air pressure from the tires is supposed to activate the sensor. It saves some on the battery life. I don't remove the batteries from the sensors, they are like a watch battery and I have never seen one of those corrode. If I was parking my RV at a storage facility I would remove the sensors, no need to temp a thief.

How we use them I don't know how long the battery will last, maybe over a year. But when the first one needs a battery I'll change them all at the same time and replace the little O-ring as well.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-22-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies

Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I store my camper with the tpms installed, it is stored in a fenced storage lot. I have done this for the last 3 years with no issues. I do carry extra batteries with the expectation of replacing them every year.
    That's what we do, also.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good info guys, installing my TST in the spring.