User Tag List

Thread: Add an awning

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add an awning

Hello- did a search and didnt really find anyone who actually added an awning. I want to add an awning on the door side of the garage for a second awning on my 350g. I see if could've been done as an option from the factory, but i bought off the lot. Anyone done it? Is it a PIA? i am pretty handy and would like to try to do it myself. Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    2019 Momentum 350G
    2019 Ford F250 CC Lariat Diesel
    Curt 24k Hitch with puck system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillysmi View Post
    Hello- did a search and didnt really find anyone who actually added an awning. I want to add an awning on the door side of the garage for a second awning on my 350g. I see if could've been done as an option from the factory, but i bought off the lot. Anyone done it? Is it a PIA? i am pretty handy and would like to try to do it myself. Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Yes it is doable. We had one added to our 320G. Dealer installed it. We worked if into our purchase price. We paid $1000. It is the same model as our OEM awning. In 2019 it was not an option on the G line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Yes it is doable. We had one added to our 320G. Dealer installed it. We worked if into our purchase price. We paid $1000. It is the same model as our OEM awning. In 2019 it was not an option on the G line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    perfect. I am going to reach out. I thought i read somewhere they may have been pre-wired, but i cannot remember. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!
    2019 Momentum 350G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I talked with the guys at the dealer, this is one of those projects you do not want to try DIY. I assume your looking at a 8-10 foot awning. They're a bear to wrestle with 10 feet in the air.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    FWIW, I talked with the guys at the dealer, this is one of those projects you do not want to try DIY. I assume your looking at a 8-10 foot awning. They're a bear to wrestle with 10 feet in the air.
    I wondered that as well. I am pretty stubborn so i am glad to here you say that. I'm okay bowing down and let them do it. I am hoping to get to the dealer soon to see what they say about getting it done for me.
    2019 Momentum 350G