User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue lights under master bed slide out didn't work.

The lights under the master bed slide out would not come on. The switch on the water panel would light up, but the lights, uh- no...

The culprit was a wire crimp connection under the bed. There are three wire pairs coming together there and all use the popular see through crimp splices. One of them was sticking up too high and when the slide came back in, the wood panel on the bed snagged one of the splice crimps and pulled it off. Naturally, the wires separated and... no lights.

The cure was to install a new insulated barrel crimp and individually zip tie each of the crimps splices close and tight to the floor using zip ties with a screw hole and a short screw. Now, the wood panel cannot snag them.

Yes this is a warranty issue, but we are season camping in Florida and have no idea how far we are to the nearest GD dealer. It's all good.
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Upgraded 2014 337RLS to a 2019 311BHS, Then Upgraded 2019 311BHS to 2020 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMarty View Post
    The lights under the master bed slide out would not come on. The switch on the water panel would light up, but the lights, uh- no...

The culprit was a wire crimp connection under the bed. There are three wire pairs coming together there and all use the popular see through crimp splices. One of them was sticking up too high and when the slide came back in, the wood panel on the bed snagged one of the splice crimps and pulled it off. Naturally, the wires separated and... no lights.

The cure was to install a new insulated barrel crimp and individually zip tie each of the crimps splices close and tight to the floor using zip ties with a screw hole and a short screw. Now, the wood panel cannot snag them.

Yes this is a warranty issue, but we are season camping in Florida and have no idea how far we are to the nearest GD dealer. It's all good.
    Thanks for the post. I have a 2020 337RLS and the lights under the bed slide stopped working the first week we had the rig. Previously I checked the switch and had power in and out of the switch but no lights. I will look under the bed and see if I have the same problem as you did.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out lights

2020 Reflection 367bhs, My lights have stopped working as well. The light above the nautilus has stopped working along with it, I wonder if it is tied into the same wires
    Last edited by tlyngrn; 09-06-2020 at 09:19 AM. Reason: More information