User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to slam the front door to get it to latch.

We had to slam the front door to get it to latch.

I adjusted the striker out as far as it could go. Better, but far from good.

Added new holes in the jamb to allow striker to move out further. Better still, but still far from good.

I noticed the top of the door is already in the jamb as far as it can go but still the latch is not far enough into the jamb to make the magic. I place a block of wood in and at the top of the jamb and really leaned into the door at just above the latch area to try and warp the door. This resulted in success!

This is a warranty issue, but since we are season camping out of state, I fix things myself.

No complaints mind you, we love GD and our 2020 Reflection.
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Upgraded 2014 337RLS to a 2019 311BHS, Then Upgraded 2019 311BHS to 2020 367BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty common maintenance problem. While the door may need some adjusting the most common problem is the latch dragging on the striker plate. This is easily resolved by spraying some lubricant on the latch. The GD traveling repair guys recommend the the use CRC Performance Lube PTFE (teflon based material).

About once a quarter I have to lube my door as it will get hard to close, resulting in slamming. Squirt, squirt, closes smoothly.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMarty View Post
    We had to slam the front door to get it to latch.

I adjusted the striker out as far as it could go. Better, but far from good.

Added new holes in the jamb to allow striker to move out further. Better still, but still far from good.

I noticed the top of the door is already in the jamb as far as it can go but still the latch is not far enough into the jamb to make the magic. I place a block of wood in and at the top of the jamb and really leaned into the door at just above the latch area to try and warp the door. This resulted in success!

This is a warranty issue, but since we are season camping out of state, I fix things myself.

No complaints mind you, we love GD and our 2020 Reflection.
    I referenced the link below for the proper door camber adjustment by Lippert in another post for someone who had a similar problem. Looks like you used the same fix. Just don't take all of the door camber out or you might have a weather sealing issue.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002051.pdf
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Pretty common maintenance problem. While the door may need some adjusting the most common problem is the latch dragging on the striker plate. This is easily resolved by spraying some lubricant on the latch. The GD traveling repair guys recommend the the use CRC Performance Lube PTFE (teflon based material).

About once a quarter I have to lube my door as it will get hard to close, resulting in slamming. Squirt, squirt, closes smoothly.
    Very true D2Reid! I exhausted all of the normal (routine) things one should perform prior to modifying for the sake of modifying. We all need to KISS it (Keep It Stupid Simple)
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Upgraded 2014 337RLS to a 2019 311BHS, Then Upgraded 2019 311BHS to 2020 367BHS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the same thing on delivery. We were staying overnight at the delivery spot at LazyDays to fully check out the trailer.

They tried to adjust at the delivery spot without success. Then the “body shop” manager came over. He requested they tow it to the body shop where they had tools they needed. 30 minutes later it was returned and worked fine.

I suspect they didn’t want me to see them bend the door.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same issue with mine. Sprayed with Silicone spray, worked the latch manually a little, Blew it out with air, sprayed it again and have not needed to mess with it since.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ what he said.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston