User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garage Table Storage

I finally decided to do something about the less than ideal storage method for the garage table in our Momentum. 95% of the time it's just two of us so we do not need to drop the queen bed down in the garage. Except that's where the table top is. And of course, the legs are stored (originally anyway) under the master bed up front. I'm sure many folks have already remedied this somehow but here is my fix. And I am so sorry but I still can't figure out how to rotate the pics or make them a little smaller.

1. Table locked in its place. The strap (GD original equipment) keeps it from sliding out of track. 2. Spring loaded clamp for broom etc. with one tang cut off. Holds table against wall. 3. Legs stored. 4. Leg holder folded down. Can also see bottom track for table. 5. Extendable ladder strapped to table legs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200221_180809.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	24986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200221_180931.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	24987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200221_180819.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	24988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200221_181009.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	24989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200221_181133.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	24990
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice modification. I took ours and the two sofas out since ill never use them. I built a work bench on one of the sofa brackets which folds down when not in use.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use our garage sofa/table all the time - dinner table, game room, but I like the work bench idea. It's always interesting to see how people customize.
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very clever system! Quick, but maybe dumb question. When you screwed any of the assemblies into the side walls, did you have to locate a wall stud? I'd like to do some of these type of mods, but have a hard time locating anything to set a screw into...
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris and Jo,
    Please forgive me but I'm one of those people that check in once every week or so. Sorry for being late getting back to you. Not everything hit a stud. I did pretty good finding some studs by, believe it or not, rapping along the wall with a knuckle. An old carpenter's trick. Then I would do a little exploratory surgery with a 1/16 inch drill bit to see if I was right on. But actually, there is very little outward pull. The lower flip down bracket for the three legs is in the aluminum diamond plate trim at floor level so it is solid. The upper bracket, I just pre-drilled the paneling and used three #10 screws on each side and just snugged them in. So far so good. Let me know how you make out and if I can be any further help.
    Russ
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate