Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had two Westlakes separate the belts after about a year. Luckily my tire guy caught it while repacking wheel bearings. Note to Grand Design I will never take delivery of a trailer with Chinese tires again. If you want my business upgrade the tires. These failures are dangerous!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
    Well Westlake got me. 6 month old trailer, approximately 2500 miles of use, keep it under an RV carport with tire covers, had the tires off before the trip and visually inspected them all, 80 lbs air pressure cold, checked tire temp with a laser each stop (tread temp was never over 117 F), and the tread on one separated. Tire still has air but no tread. Initial estimate to fix trailer damage, $3K. ...It’s all good though because Westlake has my back with a “no excuse” guarantee, so a “free” replacement tire awaits. It is 100% ridiculous to have a tire failure on a new trailer when you properly care for and use the tires,...frustrated is an understatement. Shame on me for not dropping $800 on 5 new tires at the time of delivery, but that should not be a requirement.
    Sorry to hear about tire failure lawdog1, it’s a familiar story when it comes to the Westlake brand. If you get any comfort from knowing you’re not the only one, search a thread called Westlake Strikes again. My story is post #26 pg 3. My 2017 ,350M had e-rated tires . The 18s came with G rated. My trailer was empty as I just bought it! . $2,600.00 damage + 5 new Sailun G rated
    Last edited by Backforty; 03-01-2020 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Spl
    Chuck & Trish
    2017 350M
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW
    2014 HD Roadking

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I just took delivery of a 2020 Reflection 150 260RD and we were offered the Goodyears as a option which we took advantage of. Maybe it was a "dealer Installed" option or maybe it was a factory option, not sure.
    Eulah & Jim Johnson
    Lucy
    our mini Goldendoodle
    2020 Reflection 150 260RD
    B&W 20K Companion Puck Hitch
    2014 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.2L Flex
    Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT Tires

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the kind thoughts and sorry to all of you who have had a similar experience. I am beginning to think the worst part is losing the trailer to the body shop for 4-6 weeks. Guess I should be focusing on hoping the repair time is no more than 6 weeks, that the damage was not worse, and no one was injured!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
    Appreciate the kind thoughts and sorry to all of you who have had a similar experience. I am beginning to think the worst part is losing the trailer to the body shop for 4-6 weeks. Guess I should be focusing on hoping the repair time is no more than 6 weeks, that the damage was not worse, and no one was injured!
    My (local ) Grand Design dealer was 116 miles from my home. They did excellent repair work on my rig. I hope you get the same end results.
    Chuck
    Chuck & Trish
    2017 350M
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW
    2014 HD Roadking

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Good news, trailer is fixed, new Goodyear's installed. ...also got Morryde CRE3000 and Torklift Glow Step. Here are some before and after (fingers crossed the photos to work)... Now I just have to go get it 350 miles down the road when the stay at home order is lifted!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSL.TrailerDamage1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	25800

Name:	MSL.TrailerDamage2.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	25801

Name:	MSL.Trailer.jpg