User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    Yes Sir...The F150 does have built in electronic sway control. It is my understanding that the sway control sends a message to the dashboard if it activates. I have never seen this message on my truck. There is also a selection in the menu to deactivate the sway control. I have towed with it on and off and haven't noticed any difference.
    OH, you will definitely know when it is activated! Lights, sounds, speed reduction....etc. Nothing subtle about it. After twice with my then new 2670, rather than take a chance on throwing money at other hitches, I got the ProPride!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay...here's a followup.

Went to a CAT scale and weighed the truck and trailer with the WDH engaged. Then reweighed the truck and trailer without the WDH. Lastly I weighed the truck without the trailer. After some math I got the following results for the TT and TV as currently loaded:
    - F150 weighs 5620 lbs
    - 2670MK weighs 7920 lbs
    - Tongue weight without WDH is 1060 lbs
    - Tongue weight with WDH is 880 lbs
    - Tongue weight 13.4% (without load distribution)
    If I did all this math correctly everything is within my max. limits with the exception of the 1000 lbs Blue Ox bars. Probably should be using the 1400 lb bars.
    The unit towed okay to and from the CAT scale in 16 mph winds but still had moments the made the drive uneasy.
    Rather than continue to chase the cure I broke down and ordered a Pro Pride Hitch today. The logic driving that decision is the Pro Pride should work better in any adverse weather or road condition we encounter.
    I'll post a followup on the Pro Pride in about a month.

Thanks to y'all for all the advice.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried just about everything with my half ton and never did quite get it to the point where I felt safe towing the trailer. Finally bit the bullet and purchased a Ram 3/4 ton. Just finished going from California to Florida through some pretty nasty winds in Texas and New Mexico with my 2670mk. Never had a problem even with my Equalizer hitch. Lesson learned for me, to really feel safe towing get more truck than you need.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philwa View Post
    Tried just about everything with my half ton and never did quite get it to the point where I felt safe towing the trailer. Finally bit the bullet and purchased a Ram 3/4 ton. Just finished going from California to Florida through some pretty nasty winds in Texas and New Mexico with my 2670mk. Never had a problem even with my Equalizer hitch. Lesson learned for me, to really feel safe towing get more truck than you need.
    You may be correct!!! However we are slightly committed to the F 150 as the TV and everyday driver. We are ever hopeful that the ProPride hitch will solve our current problem. The thought of going to a 3/4 ton truck and the cost is troubling since we have 1450 miles on our new F 150. Hoping we sort it all out and make the correct decision for us. We are certainly planning on TX and the West for much of our travel. I'm a CO native and would like to visit back there. Weather permitting.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same trailer and we really like it. We love the layout. Having said that it tows poorly.

I’ve have a couple trailer/truck combos, so I have felt what good and bad towing feels like.

I have a 2019 1500 Ram with all the tow stuff including 4 corner airbags. I first got the trailer and put a standard e2 hitch on it. I had 10k bars and it was pretty squirrelly. I played with the weight I put forward and turned off the sway control. It still towed poorly. Lots of sway and pucker factor going over 55mph. We did a bout 6k miles just taking it slow, adjusting weights and raising lowering the hitch, etc.
    The truck has plenty of power and stopping ability. Never any issues with trans temps or anything, but the dam thing was squirrelly. I had the sway control engage, so I turned that off. The truck just did not feel right.
    I found a used pro pride and just finished a trip with that. Big difference! Not perfect but definitely a significant difference. No sway, tows great at 65+. The only issue is now my payload warning light comes on loaded the way I had it before. Dumped water and moved my gen, but still a little squat on the tongue. I’m gonna play around a little more, but I’m much happier with the pro pride. I paid 1200 for it on CL and figure that’s a lot cheaper that getting a 3500!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be correct!!! However we are slightly committed to the F 150 as the TV and everyday driver. We are ever hopeful that the ProPride hitch will solve our current problem. The thought of going to a 3/4 ton truck and the cost is troubling since we have 1450 miles on our new F 150. Hoping we sort it all out and make the correct decision for us. We are certainly planning on TX and the West for much of our travel. I'm a CO native and would like to visit back there. Weather permitting.
    I was in the same boat and debating upgrading existing TV vs trading it for more truck. Either way was going to cost me money.

I opted to trade my ‘19 F150 with 1,800 miles for a ‘19 F250. The trade probably lost close to the same I would have had to invest in the F150. (Tires, air bags, additional leaf springs...)

The 3.5 ecoboost had plenty of power and no problems pulling the weight but the tires/suspension weren’t enough to handle the trailer. For me the trade was a good choice as I don’t really know what all would have been necessary or if I would have been able to feel safe pulling with the F150.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not agree more on 2670MK being too light on tongue. My dealer filled all the tanks and said hitch weight was 850 and set up E3 accordingly. First trip with it was scarry, swayed everytime a semi came by and my anti sway would tap brakes in cross winds. I had did not have all the tanks full. Since then I run with Fresh water topped up to max and fair amount of STUFF in front compartment. I have E rated tires at just under max inflation. Much better but not perfect. I think the dual slides add too much weight aft of axles. I used to build trailers for heavy equipment and race cars and always set hitch weight to 10% of gross and never had any issues. If seems to me the axles need pushed back a few inches to really straighten this out. For now I run heavy on hitch and keep fingers crossed.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Well...if you don't already have the "E" tires, then you don't have everything on your truck. There was also a Heavy Duty Payload Package option, that included those, and a lot of other enhancements to tow a heavy trailer.....

2670MK's are noted for being too light on the tongue. As stated above, make sure your tongue weight is at least 12%, absolute bare minimum (over 900 lbs) . It's hard to do with that trailer. Too light on the tongue, and it is prone to sway. Period. Seriously, fill your water tanks, load sandbags or cinder blocks way up front, recheck everything for your hitch again, max out your tire pressure and go for a good test drive. Keep checking your side mirrors, there should not be any peeking out in one side, then the other, of the rear of the trailer. If that helps, consider adding a battery, perhaps get an over-the-hitch bike rack. Although Ford says you only need to recover 1/2 of the front fender rise, adjust your hitch to get the front completely back to the unloaded height. Even better, go to a scale, and work on getting the actual front weight back to what it was when empty.
    THEN, if that is solid and you still get squirm (but not sway), think about tires.

I have the setup, with the Payload package. And the ProPride hitch. I still get more "truck suck" from passing semis that I would like. But that may be a change in my hitch, due to the way the storage yard moves it around, perhaps throwing it out of alignment. A project for this spring - to relook at everything. My truck, as equipped, beats specs on most F-250's....

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My previous truck was a 2019 f150 EB max tow etc. Towing our travel trailer I was shocked at how squishy the ride was as well. Plenty of power and no issue braking but the squish was a nightmare. I ended up installing the roadmaster active suspension system. it cost under $500 and took an hour to install. The squish was gone and towing became so much more enjoyable. If my wife didnt talk me into a 5th wheel I'd still be driving that truck today. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Imagine 2670MK, 2015 F150 3.5EB. I went through the same issues, had a Blue Ox. Added stiffer Michelins, helped some. Added airbags, helped some. Changed to Bilstein shocks, helped some. Bought and installed a Hensley Arrow, problem solved.

I am pretty sure your problems will be cured once you install the ProPride.

Best of luck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly read and rarely post. This question really bothers me. I have a 2020 2670mk. Tow it with a 2019 F150 3.5EB w/ Max tow ETC and a BlueOx WDH. I've been over the setup of the WDH several times and the truck still feels squirmy when I tow. At this point I'm thinking it's the OEM tires, (Michelin Primacy XC's), They are a C rated tire and not much more than a glorified passenger car tire. I'm considering going to an E rated tire with a 10 ply rate sidewall to replace the 2 ply OEM tires. Hopefully I'm heading in the right direction with this thought train. Replacing new tires with newer tires is a $1177 decision. Would anyone like to weigh in on this topic? I hate to throw good money after bad. I have also considered the Roadmaster Active Suspension System and the ProPride Hitch. More money and more money. Can anyone help me stop the financial bleeding? Our travel plans include some longs hauls to the west from NC so A solid ride would be a wonderful thing.
    I went through the same thing bought a 2018 2670 in 2019 and a new F150 trailer package with 3.5 ECO boost the truck was rated to handle that weight but reality set in on my first tow. It was recommended to put in xtra leaf spring up grade to E rated tires a new hitch 6000 dollars later i would have a beef up F150 and still have to worry about weight.. I use the pro pride hitch. I decided to go the more expensive route and traded the f150 in on a f250. I took out the trailer for a demo ride with the same hitch and no modifications and it was like night and day I let transports pass me with no suck action and then i passed them at 70MPH with no problems . Even though i bite the bullet on the up grade the dealer I dealt with treated me good . I love the ford product but I think they over rate the 150 . I am looking forward to this season and no more white knuckling that is way too stressful.

Wish you best of luck happy and safe travels

2019 F250
    2018 2670MK

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast