User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now tow it to Greenville and see if you can deal with that mess on 85. Actually, don't! Glad it's working out for you!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I bought the TT at Sonny's just north of Greenville. My first tow ever was towing the brand new 2670MK, 55 miles north on I-85 thru all the construction. Scared me.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small world, I was just there today, that's where I bought my 351M. And yes, I towed it due north from there, and, as you well know, most of the "awful" is between Sonny's and Gaffney (where I live). 85 is just a trainwreck in this area, I've towed mine about 5K miles since I got it, by far, the most "white knuckle" it within 20 miles of my house in either direction. Just awful. And the number of accidents in this stretch tells me that you and I aren't just imagining it.

One thing I'm a real fan of, all the cracks in the road that are parallel to the direction of travel. Plenty of tramlining and the trailer pushing in a different direction of the truck. I'm not sure you could engineer a worse section of road, it's just got everything wrong. Potholes, tramlines, the road is narrow, it weaves around in each construction zone, every other car is a tractor trailer, accidents, construction vehicles. Throw in a few land mines, sure, you could make it worse, but I'm pretty sure that's about all we're missing right now.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die hard Toyota fan (although I had a 94 3500 Cummins I loved) holding out for revamped Tundra either 21 or 22 with fingers crossed. I did add air bags to my Tundra and only keeo 10psi in them. Workable and stable now but just barely.
    tim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who says money can't buy happiness! The Hensley and the ProPride are expensive, but once you have one you will not want to go back. Glad it all worked out for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim-o-w4yn View Post
    Die hard Toyota fan (although I had a 94 3500 Cummins I loved) holding out for revamped Tundra either 21 or 22 with fingers crossed. I did add air bags to my Tundra and only keeo 10psi in them. Workable and stable now but just barely.
    tim
    We feel you on the Tundra. We loved ours (2007); it was a great truck and pulled our 150 Series with no problem. We were holding out until 21 or 22 but Husband got word the revamped Tundra was delayed again so we pulled the trigger on a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 CC DRW. This will help when we upgrade to a Solitude in a couple years.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished a cross country trip that had to be cut short due to the current events. I thought I would post a few numbers for those interested. We pull a 2020 2670mk with a 2015 Ram 2500 with a 5.7 hemi engine, 10000/1000 equalizer hitch. We traveled from California to Florida and then to Charleston and back home. I rarely exceed 65mph. The trip was approximately 6,300 miles with very little mountain driving. We averaged 10.3mpg for the trip and had very little sway even with 25-45mph crosswinds through Nee Mexico and Texas. This was our first major trip with this new trailer and I was a little bit worried considering what many were saying about towing this trailer. I am happy to report that we had no problems and were very happy with the trailer and that it pulled very nicely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weight of a 3/4 ton makes of world of difference. I would guess your truck weighs 1500lbs more than Andy’s does. And those mpgs are impressive, I only average 8mpg at 67-68mph.

Andy congrats on the new hitch. I would still air up those rear tires. They have something like a 27-2800lb load rating at 44psi. A full tire is a stiffer tire.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    The weight of a 3/4 ton makes of world of difference. I would guess your truck weighs 1500lbs more than Andy’s does. And those mpgs are impressive, I only average 8mpg at 67-68mph.

Andy congrats on the new hitch. I would still air up those rear tires. They have something like a 27-2800lb load rating at 44psi. A full tire is a stiffer tire.
    My mpg drops off considerably above 65mph. I usually try to keep it at 60-63. I have found that at 55 I can usually get over 11 mpg but I can’t bring myself to consistently go that slow😎. I keep my truck tires at 60psi in the front and 80 in the rear.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    Unfortunately I bought the TT at Sonny's just north of Greenville. My first tow ever was towing the brand new 2670MK, 55 miles north on I-85 thru all the construction. Scared me.
    Quick off subject question.
    Several of the folks here purchased their TT from Sonny's in Greenville SC, as did I.
    We have not had any warranty work yet but I am curious as to your experience with Sonny's service Dept?
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast