User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 25 foot water hose barely cut it this weekend but I didn't have to break out my standbys and a new 50 foot is on my list. I, as many have two hookups for dumping and I am carrying 4 - 20 foot hoses. One was our original hose on our Quantum and one is still in the box as a spare. I have regulator that now needs a new gauge, a 45, 3-90s, three gate valves (one has a broken tab), and a leaky Y that I need to replace. I did break down and buy two of the slinky things. I have a 30 foot cord, a 25 foot extension, and a Progressive EMS. As far as leveling, I carry an assortment of 2X10, 4X4, and 4X6 and two old rubber wheel chocks.
    After 3 1/2 inches of snow Thursday afternoon and the mud to follows, three dogs to exercise, and then a neighbor with a really nice big mat, a new 8X20 is on SWMBO's list of "gotta haves".
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW Thanks for the help! I will adjust accordingly. Yes as someone above said I most likely will run out of money before I run out of stuff to buy. I am going to try to keep it simple though. Looking like maybe $1500 just for this stuff alone. DOesnt even include a generator either. Plus I have a ton of mods I will be doing before I even head out. New tires probably fancier rims too, suspension, probably change out fridge for a straight 12v one, TV, new mattress, shower head, probably a new sink facet for bathroom. Try to get everything done before first trip. Probably drop the under belly and winterize some. check all the water lines add some insulation etc... Go over every screw and bolt I can. I probably got a good 2 weeks of work on this alone.

Plus later this yr I will add solar and a couple lithuim batteries, inverter etc...

WHat gets me is after you buy these things it takes a couple thousand just to get it right and that is if you do the work yourself. If you have to rely on a dealer your screwed. Luckly I can wrench so I should be ok with the vast majority of repairs.

Thanks again.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly 3006 View Post
    Yes as someone above said I most likely will run out of money before I run out of stuff to buy. I am going to try to keep it simple though. Looking like maybe $1500 just for this stuff alone.
    I'm at about $2,500. That did include most everything people have been talking about, some items for the inside, a new griddle/grill setup and Roadmaster Active Suspension for the truck. I still want to get a rear observation camera and a TPMS. Those 2 items will be about another $1,000 but I'm willing to do some short local trips without those last 2 items.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As people are talking about the water hose. There are a lot of small parts that go along with that. I got a small container for regulator filter splitter and a spray nozzle for the hose. I also carry a 5 gallon bucket. I fill it up after dumping the black tank and pour it in the tank then put one of those mine are orange things in the tank for deodorizing and keeping the tank clean. it sloshes around in there and helps clean the tank. The sensors, don't relay on them they are usually wrong LOL

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, great info provided. Don't be overwhelmed by the magnitude of the list; start with a few of the high priority items and see what you need.

I'd add a battery disconnect switch, the built-in one (on mine anyway) leaves enough things that can drain the battery in a couple of weeks if I don't use it. Simple mod to make and has saved me a lot of grief.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @firefly 3006, most of the basics already covered in advice from others above. Just thought I’d throw in another consideration for you.

All are correct in saying that 25’ of fresh water hose will OFTEN not be enough. We have a 50’ white hose, and most of the time it does the trick. We also carry one of those slinky hoses (bought on Amazon) that CLAIMS to be 100’ but it’s probably less. Since we bought quick-connect fittings for all water connections we can put both of those hoses together, which we’ve had to do a couple of times.

Welcome.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 - 25' water hoses. One usually does the trick and is easier to roll up. I have the second hose JIK.
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L, SRW
    Curt A16 Hitch
    Keller, TX

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would seriously recommend the back up camera. My Furrion 4.3 has a speaker so you can hear your spotter give directions.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a torque wrench. Chances are after you load up everything for camping you will probably need to readjust your WDH. With an Equalizer hitch if you need to change the # of washers or the ball height those main nuts need 250 ft lbs of torque, if you need to adjust the L bracket those nuts need 75 ft lbs. Harbor freight sells a reasonably decent torque wrench (50-250 ft lbs) for $109. Plus if you also buy the appropriate socket you can use the torque wrench for proper tightening of your lug nuts.

I'm sure the other WDH's also require specific torque to tighten it's components.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just starting out you have gotten all the information on the stuff you need right now.

Later you can add other purchases you think you might need or use in the RV. As all of us know you continue to purchase additional items. Gosh I have no idea what we have spent adding things to the RV. I added some of those hockey puck stick on push button battery power lights in certain places. Eventually we added more fire extinguishers in the main cabin, in the storage compartments and added one in the truck. I added a reel in the storage compartment to wind up the power cord for storage. We also added an escape ladder for our 5er, now this may not seem as needed by most 5er owners, probably not, but it was a peace of mind kind of thing for the wife, it wasn't that expensive. Never have practiced crawling out the escape window in the bed room upper level.LOL

On a serious note, we have one of those "Ring" video door bells on our home, might not work so good in close quarter campgrounds with a lot of movement, but I have heard of owners adding these type of things to their RV later. Just some food for thought.

You got the idea on the main items you need to start out.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-25-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast