Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with accessoires

Ok I am in process of buying a Transcend explor 221RB. Some questions:

Water hose's for fresh and Black tank flush would 25ft be long enough? I will have a filter, water meter, 2 way split valve, and a pressure valve.

Sewage hose I was going with 20ft camco orange one with assortment of fittings and the 20ft thing that lifts it off the ground and creates a slope. Will 20ft be long enough for each?

Leveling blocks or the ramp things you drive up on? Or both?

Do the tire changers that you drive up on work best or should I just stick with a couple good jacks?

I do plan on using a surge protector but what other electrical adapters would I need? Seems to be alot of different options. The trailer is 30amp by the way.

I will have normal tools, air compresser etc... ANy thing else you would recommend having? Look to be traveling around 4 to 8 weeks at a time when I am off and back stateside. Mainly will be using rv parks and will off grid some when I get my solar.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly 3006 View Post
    Ok I am in process of buying a Transcend explor 221RB. Some questions:

Water hose's for fresh and Black tank flush would 25ft be long enough? I will have a filter, water meter, 2 way split valve, and a pressure valve.

Sewage hose I was going with 20ft camco orange one with assortment of fittings and the 20ft thing that lifts it off the ground and creates a slope. Will 20ft be long enough for each?

Leveling blocks or the ramp things you drive up on? Or both?

Do the tire changers that you drive up on work best or should I just stick with a couple good jacks?

I do plan on using a surge protector but what other electrical adapters would I need? Seems to be alot of different options. The trailer is 30amp by the way.

I will have normal tools, air compresser etc... ANy thing else you would recommend having? Look to be traveling around 4 to 8 weeks at a time when I am off and back stateside. Mainly will be using rv parks and will off grid some when I get my solar.
    Sometimes a 25 foot water hose isn't long enough. Depending where the hookup is on your rig, especially.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s some answers.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Shopping-List

Don’t buy the drive on ramps. Just buy the LEGO style, three 10 packs with a couple chock blocks will cover all your leveling needs. Plus use them for the stabilizers and tongue jack.

Most seem to prefer a bottle jack for flats.

Make sure you have a four way lugnut wrench. Most folks only have their vehicles wrench, hint, it’s the wrong size!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had to hook 2 sewer hoses up before. Not many times but I carry 2. I have the Rhino hoses. They don't fit in the small tube. I had to get a tube that was big enough for the ends. That tube was $100 Man RVing is expensive. LOL
    I carry a 25 and a 50 foot hoses. I use a splitter at the hose bib. I never hook the black hose to the RV till I am ready to use it. I don't have those white hoses like they sell in the RV store. I got the black hose from Home Depot. can't remember the name. It's not the Pocket hose. I had them blow up before.
    I use Anderson Level ups. They are simple to use and there is no guess work. I have 2 one for each axle. I use a 4' level on the side not one of those little bubble thing's. Here is the Andersons
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=anderson+...f=nb_sb_noss_2
    You differently need a serge protector. They make a 30 amp so you don't need a adapter. However you may need a 50 to 30 amp adapter. Some campgrounds don't have 30 amp spot available. Here is a 30 on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/PROGRESSIVE-I.../dp/B015Y9MX38
    If you need to change a tire most people carry a bottle jack and a couple boards to stick under the jack. I think mine is 12 ton. I jack up mine where between the U bolts on the axle.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the rino sewer and carry a 50' water with the spigot adapter and water pressure regulator.
    https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Connect...38452695&psc=1

For camp sight leveling I have these They work very well and are easy to use. I also carry a brick of the blocks previously mentioned.
    https://www.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-Ca...motive&sr=1-25

Hope this helps
    Last edited by powerscol; 02-23-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post

Make sure you have a four way lugnut wrench. Most folks only have their vehicles wrench, hint, it’s the wrong size!
    You can get a foldable 4 way on Amazon for around $15.00. I got one several years ago, and they work just fine. I also carry an extra sewer hose, and will be installing a Valterra hose carrier today (if the ice melts under the rig). In addition I have a 50' and 25' water hose and a 10' black water flush hose (Dark Green). A small set of commonly used tools. Ahh heck the list that @Flip94ta posted covers most stuff.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to carry extra water hose. Whatever water hose you decide on make sure it's made for drinking water. According to research I've done, garden hoses have a toxicity concern, not recommended for drinking water. Progressive Industries makes some good surge protectors. I carry an extension for my sewer hose, also have a mascerator and 42 gallon portable black tank.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will not run out of things to buy before you run out of money.
    I don't buy a lot of fluff items for RVing. I don't have a back up camera. I get my butt out and look. I dont have the TPS for my tires. I dont have a CB radio. Some guys think you need all this stuff but I find that stuff useless to me. It's all up to you what you spend your money on.
    I do however have a assortment of tools screw drivers small socket set. hammer prybar 1/2 inch drive ratchet breaker bar and socket to change the tire if I need. I even have a hack saw. You will find what tools you need to carry as you go. I have had to visit the tool before LOL

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got this sewer hose: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPHR30U..._t1_B004804NWE
    My old one got pinhole leaks after 6 years. The two sections makes it convenient - usually only need one, but using two has so far covered me at every campground to-date. It just fits in the bumper of my trailer.

Also get the long, clear drain extension. The shorter angled one is hard to see whether you have all the "stuff" out of the tank.

Get this hose support: https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...=fsclp_pl_dp_4
    It looks cheap, due to being held together with staples....but I went through 3 of the Camco's in very short order (they break easily). This has lasted over 5 years and keeps on going.

For hoses, I'm currently using 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/Teknor-Apex-4...omotive&sr=1-1 These are NOT "NSF" certified, which a drinking water hose should be....but I took a chance, and the convenience is sure nice. I do always turn off the water when we leave the campsite, just in case.
    Two years now, and no leaks. I do still carry my old white one just in case, and a junky old garden hose for the black tank flush.

Whatever hose - make sure it has machined, and not rolled, threads. You can easily tell the difference by looking at them. The cheap rolled threaded ends will ALWAYS leak when using the plastic fittings on the trailer. Many do not even stay in the fitting.

Eventually, you will need/want to get a 30amp extension cord.

Get a 30 amp to 15 amp adaptor. Then you can run the trailer (except for AC and microwave) off of a house outlet.

As you noted, a filter and a pressure regulator are good, as is a hose splitter.

A Progressive Dynamics surge suppressor has saved me a couple of times.
    Last edited by sande005; 02-23-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we carry 200 feet of white water hose. our camper can use two tanks of fresh water before having to dump the waste tanks. A lot of state parks don’t have water at each site but, do have faucet every so offen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast