User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We originally had two 50' drinking water safe hoses - one blue, one white (needed 100' in order to reach the treated water spigot at our farm). Those plastic/vinyl hoses are a pain to coil/uncoil as the temps drop. Ended up going with 2 of the Zero-G NSF hoses. Stores in about a 1/4 o the space and temp doesn't affect coiling.

We have both the plastic blocks and the Beech Lane levelers. Broke a set of Andersons on first use. Use the blocks under the tongue jack and stabilizers. Added rubber horse stall mats to them to reduce trailer wobble. I have a LevelMate Pro, but that thing has been a pain due to inconsistency. I haven't spent the time needed to trouble shoot it. I use the 4' level most of the time now. We also have a Beech Lane 2 canister water filter. Bought a short 3' long flex hose that we leave connected to a right angle valve with water meter attached to docking station. Adjustable water pressure regulator, y-fittings, 90 degree elbows, etc.

We have 30' of sewer hose (Rhino), Y-fittings, clear fittings, separate black tank flush hose and 20' slinky. The Valterra twist-on waste valve is a MUST HAVE. You may find out why. Added a second Valterra underbelly sewer hose carried.

Added bug screens for furnace, water heater and refrigerator vents. Added an 85* external fan switch thermostat for the fridge. Also installed an interior fridge fan - both made a world of difference in fridge cooling in the hot, humid south.

The 4-way lug wrench I have does not clear the wheel lug "opening". So, I use a thin walled deep well socket and breaker bar. Instead of the supplied wrench, the breaker bar and 1" socket also makes it a breeze to hitch up to our Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH.

A 30 amp extension cord is a good idea. In a VA state park, we needed 60' of 50 amp cord to reach a power pedestal shared between 3 sites. Various adapters are very helpful. At a friends house, we used two 15a extension cords from two different circuts to a 15a-to-30a splitter to a 30a to 50a adapter to our 50a power cord so we could pull, in effect 30a, to run one of our A/C units - hat tip Changing Lanes for that idea. Give TechnoRv.com a look for recommendations on EMS and surge protectors. I have a Progressive Industries EMS unit, but I think TechnoRV likes the Surge Guard.

I swapped the Westlake tires for Goodyear Endurance. Went with TST TPMS. Because our total hitched length is 61', not including about 4' of bike rack, I bought the Rand McNally OverDryve 7. It's okay, but it sure seems to want to route us the longest way possible. Techno RV originally sold the OverDryve but is now recommending the Garmin. We use the trucker atlas, Google Maps, RV Trip Wizard, RV Trip Advisor, too. Had CoPilot but it didn't work for us. HaloView backup camera installed, but never had time to pair it with monitor (obviously money well spent )

Also, after refrigerator propane supply line kink and slow leak caused by pinch from slide out, added a GasStop shutoff. I have the remote AP Products dual tank propane tank level sensors, too.

Because the roof vent covers on bathroom fan and bunkhouse vent like to open on their own, especially with the aid of cross winds in a rain storm, added 3 Maxxair vent fan covers.

Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but its an "accessory" that paid for itself several times over - we have CoachNet roadside assistance. Over and above our USAA roadside coverage. Used it the second time out - blew a turbo hose. Had to get two trucks to tow my truck and the trailer and our family of four plus dog 80 miles to a Ford Dealer. USAA would have covered it, but I have heard stories of them dropping you soon thereafter.

Tons of other accessories that we use regularly - propane fire bowl, blackstone griddle, collapsing tables, RV Pads, Awning screen, skylight shade, Command hooks, Big Berkey water filter, foldable 8' x 20' rug, and on and on. The one thing we DON'T use that my wife insisted on was one of those folding/collapsible wagons. It goes in the back of the truck and comes out when we get home. Okay, we did use it once on a trip to the OBX, but realized it was dang hard to pull those narrow wheels thru the fine sand at the beach.

Let me know if you need links to anything specific.

I learned a ton from this forum. Early videos from Keep Your Daydream and Changing Lanes also helped us choose accessories based upon real world experience.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For changing tires on a Tandem Axel Trailer, you can't beat the "Trailer Aid Plus", this is a ramp that lifts one wheel up while you change the flat tire. I cut a long 2 x 10 that fits under the Trailer Aid to add some extra height if needed.

I also recommend a thin wall socket that fits your lug nuts and a 24' breaker bar (plus socket extensions as needed) to loosen the lug nuts (the 4-ways are too fat to fit inside the wheel lug nut cutouts on many custom wheels).

I purchased the Pittsburgh Torque wrench from Harbor Freight, about 12 months I had to replace it with a Kobolt Torque wrench from Lowes, (the Pittsburgh one just quit working).

PS: I also recommend getting the higher priced sewer hoses (I went with Viper from Valtera), the lower priced hoses are too flimsy and bendy and they make the process a lot harder than it has to be. They also tend to contract on their own and won't stay put while you are working with the other end of the hose without help (simply a pain to work with).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does that trailer aid plus work? I had heard that it didn’t work to well with leaf sprung axles.
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents worth, I have
    Pulled horse trailers All over, do get the drive on tire change aid and after changing trailer tires on the highway I finally bought a DeWalt 1/2” battery impact wrench with several nut sizes. We have generator on our GD 310R so the battery is not critical now. The other stuff you can get about any where but not if you have a flat.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leons_Bad_Side View Post
    How does that trailer aid plus work? I had heard that it didn’t work to well with leaf sprung axles.
    It's a piece of garbage for RVs. I think it was meant for utility trailers that dont have equalizers. There is too much suspension travel to make it work properly, I had it with my last TT and it doesnt work. Even if it did work, you are now placing all the weight of one axle on the opposite side tire which most likely exceeds the tire loading. Much better off with a jack. I use a Powerbuilt jack/jack stand combo between the u bolts, works great. I also keep a bottle jack in my truck tool box with Safe Jack extensions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think a backup camera is a big waste of money. My wife only tells me if i am going to hit something or if i am back far enough in the space. I always get out and look to see what move I need to make. A little to the left and a little to the right doesn't work for me. I don't need to train my wife to do this. wives don't like to be trained. LOL
    All I tell her is don't let me hit anything. Most of the time She doesn't even get out of the truck. How do semi drivers do it? I never see them have there co-pilot get out and look. Most of the time they are alone anyway. I don't need to see whats behind me on the road. If a guy wants to tailgate me and I need to stop fast sucks to be him. I keep my eyes on the road look 3 cars up. Keep a safe distance from cars in front. I just don't need another distraction in the truck.
    TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) is another waste of money. I check my tires before my trip. I never seem to need to add air. You could do what truckers do. carry a small baseball bat and give each tire a thump and that way you have a good idea if the tires are ok. When I stop for fuel I just feel the tires and if I have a hotter tire than I may have a low tire. A tire that is low on air will get hotter than a tire with proper tire inflation. There are no shortage of gadgets RV'ers are willing to buy. Some of this stuff just doesn't work.
    CB radios are a waste of money. Truckers dont use them after Smokey and the Bandit. Rubber Ducky is dead. Cell phones are all the rage now. 911 works in places you wouldn't think. it would.
    I hope I saved you some money today. Camping is supposed to be fun and buying some stuff just takes all the fun out of it.
    Like I said before, you will run out of money before you run out of stuff to buy.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will go broke with all the recommendations you can get here... I'm going to give you some serious recommendations that you should do no matter what! Get an appropriate size and type fire extinguisher for your sleeping area along with an excellent flashlight. Next, if you have to use an escape window - practice with your loved ones - make sure you don't need an emergency ladder to get everyone safely to the ground. If you do, then you know what to do.

Enjoy your new rig and many nights of camping bliss!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all have different experiences I have used the trailer aid with horses trailers 36’ long weighing 15,000 +lbs. they have been great for me. Put several horses in a trailer with a flat you have to be careful, they rock. Just my experience not saying you are wrong at all. I actually think the 5th wheels and TT should have the same quality suspension that top line horse trailers have.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel View Post
    We all have different experiences I have used the trailer aid with horses trailers 36’ long weighing 15,000 +lbs. they have been great for me. Put several horses in a trailer with a flat you have to be careful, they rock. Just my experience not saying you are wrong at all. I actually think the 5th wheels and TT should have the same quality suspension that top line horse trailers have.
    I have never seen a horse trailer with an equalizer suspension setup, and I live in a huge horse area. Not saying they are not out there at all, but pointing this out because it is the problem with a Trailer-Aid. Equalizer suspensions allow for articulation that generally exceeds what the Trailer-Aid, even the Plus, can offer in rise. So you run up the Trailer-Aid and the tire you need to deal with is still on the ground. I speak from direct experience because we used a Trailer-Aid on our non-equalized tandem axle trailers and upgraded to a Plus when we had the hybrid with Torflex tandems.

If you need a high-quality kit ready to go with everything you need for a roadside recovery, then look at safejacks.com. Otherwise assemble your own with a quality bottle jack and blocking.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok no problem

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast