User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 mle

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow with a 2018 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 6.2 engine. The only modification we have made so far is we had the dealership swap out the theatre seats for a trifold couch just in case the grandsons end up with us on a weekend trip. We will look in the spring when it’s a little warmer out to see if there is anything we want to add or change.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although the 22MLE @ 26ft. is only about 4 1/2 ft. longer than our previous TT, it seems much bigger inside because of the open floor plan and brightness from the windows. DW likes the many storage compartments too.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just canceled our inaugural camping trip to New York State in April. State of Emergency declared here in Ontario and the border issue is getting more worrisome. Probably wait until May when most of our Provincial Parks open up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky817 View Post
    We tow with a 2018 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 6.2 engine. The only modification we have made so far is we had the dealership swap out the theatre seats for a trifold couch just in case the grandsons end up with us on a weekend trip. We will look in the spring when it’s a little warmer out to see if there is anything we want to add or change.
    The 6.2 is a beast. I have a '12, not as much HP/torque as the newer ones, but plenty enough. Keep an eye on the engine temp though, final trip last year was running high on grades @ 235 temp. Dealer checked system and found no issue.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I will keep an eye on it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Thanks. I will keep an eye on it....
    You got the 6.2 as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes....I have a 2018 GMC Denali Crew Cab with the 6.2 and 8 speed transmission. So far its been great for towing......no issues at all....lots of power and towing MPG has not been bad either. Depending on the roads, it goes from 9 to 11 MPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Yes....I have a 2018 GMC Denali Crew Cab with the 6.2 and 8 speed transmission. So far its been great for towing......no issues at all....lots of power and towing MPG has not been bad either. Depending on the roads, it goes from 9 to 11 MPG
    Sweet! Highest mpg I got was 11.4. You don't want that aluminum block engine to get hot, or you're screwed. I know it calls for premium gas, but at higher elevations I can get by with 86 daily. I live at 5.5k elevation and have not had issues with the lower grade gas. I run SeaFoam about every 3 months. When towing I run 88. What's your payload? I have 1440 with the SLT trim.

Safe and happy travels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
    Sweet! Highest mpg I got was 11.4. You don't want that aluminum block engine to get hot, or you're screwed. I know it calls for premium gas, but at higher elevations I can get by with 86 daily. I live at 5.5k elevation and have not had issues with the lower grade gas. I run SeaFoam about every 3 months. When towing I run 88. What's your payload? I have 1440 with the SLT trim.

Safe and happy travels.
    I have the Denali that has a tow capacity of 9,000 lbs. The trailer only weights (loaded) at 6,200...with an 800 lb tongue weight and I use a Reese WD Hitch with 1,200 lb lift bars So far no issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using a weight distribution hitch? If so, what brand. I just installed a Reese and haven't towed with it yet. Had an eazi-lift, but the brackets wouldn't fit on the trailer do to the propane tank locations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12