Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 mle

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22 mle

Finally picked up our new 2020 22 MLE! Now we have to wait until mid April before we can use it. Looking forward to some great trips around Ontario and a couple of NASCAR races in the states.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D830594-18AD-4460-A231-F24ECC2F26C0.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	24998

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new TT!
    Ours is in the driveway until April too....
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our MLE a couple of months ago and it works real well for two of us and our two dogs. I've made some changes/additions to make it better for us.
    1. Added indoor outdoor carpeting to the pass thru compartment, added the same to the storage under the bed and to the platform that supports the bed (the wood was pretty rough)
    2. Had powered stabilizers added as I did not want to mess around with a drill motor at all four corners
    3. Added an aluminum battery box to the trailer tongue...(23" from RV Lockbox) It provides security for the battery and allows some additional storage
    4. Replaced the door window with one that has a built-in shade
    5. Installed an additional towel bar in the bathroom, just below the one that's there
    6. Installed bolt on brackets for a E-Z weight distribution hitch...standard brackets would not fit because of the propane tank location
    7. Replaced the small 20 lb propane thanks with 30 lb units
    8. Covered the bottom screen of the entry door with expanded metal....just in case the dogs get rowdy
    9. For the black tank flush, I purchased another one of the quick connect hoses that connects to the water fitting next to the black tank flush connection. I installed a valve on the end the connects to the tank flush and use this hose as the DEDICATED hose for the flush. Works great
    10. Replaced the two 20 lb propane tanks with two 30 lb ones.

As time goes on, I will be replacing the "China Bomb" tires with Goodyears and upgrade the suspension with greaseable bolts and probably a Mor/ryde
    suspension modification.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Just took ours out on its maiden voyage for just 3 days and 2 nights. Had horrendous wind and rain but no leaks. Trailer was awesome!! Love all the drawers, large kitchen, basically everything about it. Had no issues with anything. We were boon docking so used a Rockpals 300 w solar generator to power the TV and wifes curling iron. Worked great with power to spare. Loved the shower too and the kitchen faucet and those theater seats. So far we are very happy with our purchase. We added toothbrush holders on the bathroom cabinet door, spice racks on the door above the stove. We are adding a hand towel ring to the side of the cabinet left of bath sink, and more towel hooks on wall opposite of bath cabinets. Havent decided on where to put a toilet paper holder. For its size I think the 22MLE is the best floorplan out there. Enjoy!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats awesome... We have only been able to get away for a week in ours so far. The floor pan works for us.... Not so sure about the suspension that was installed as well as the "China Bomb" tires. These will be on my list for replacement and to see if we can get the suspension upgraded with components that lubricated...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive heard of people changing suspension and tires. Personally, im happy with how it tows and handles over bumps, and bad roads. So im in the wait and see mode. We do a month long trip from Az to Idaho, Montana during the summer. After doing that 2800 mile trip i will know more.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions/ideas and friendship. We had a two hour trip home from the dealership and it towed great. A lot better than the 33ft Salem that we got rid of. Now we sit and wait until our maiden trip to New York State in April.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky817 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions/ideas and friendship. We had a two hour trip home from the dealership and it towed great. A lot better than the 33ft Salem that we got rid of. Now we sit and wait until our maiden trip to New York State in April.
    I agree, we towed it 3 hours from the dealership and it felt better than the Nash trailer we had before which is 4 feet shorter and weighs a little less.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi We purchased our New 2020 22MLE this past weekend at a small show in Wilmington OH. We pick it up tomorrow. Now looking for someplace to take it for its inaugural trip maybe second weekend in March. We are very excited. We are not new to the lifestyle, we have been doing this for over 22 years and have owned several RV's, TT, 5th, C and A. We are currently down sizing
    from 36' class A to the new 22MLE. Just the wife and I and two small dogs so looking forward to less maintenance (I hope) with the new TT. Anyway, nice to be part of the group and looking forward to discussions. Will update profile with picture once we take delivery.
    KY22MLE
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2014 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4X4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new trailer. We downsized as well from a 38ft diesel pusher to our 22MLE. Definitely a lot less maintenance. We made some minor modifications to make it more livable for us....and will be making a couple more in future. What are you towing yours with? We tow ours with a 2018 GMC 1500 Denali Crew Cab 4 x 4 with the 6.2L engine. Tows really good......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast