Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing 2600RB w/1 ton F-350

We have a F-350 that we used to pull a 337RLS 5th wheel. Works great! Because of health reasons and the size of the 337, this set up isn't working for us. To Big! Trying to sell it. 2018 337 RLS, southern Michigan.
    We are looking at switching back to a TT. Question is, how will the truck react to pulling a 30' travel trailer with a 7850 GVWR? Seems a little light? Am I looking to deep into this? More is better???

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you well with the sale.
    As for the truck it will be fine unless you want to buy a new truck. I assume it's a diesel so power isn't a problem. Not sure the year ether but the truck may not even know the trailer is back there. You do know they make smaller 5th wheels in the 30' range. Way easier to hook up than a TT

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the truck will be fine. We pulled our last TT before trading it in with our dually. It was 36' around 7500lbs plus or minus some. It felt good pulling it compared to the F150 i had before the 350. I dont think I've heard anyone say "i have too much truck for my trailer". On the bright side you will have plenty of payload available for stuff in the bed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys. I forgot to mention, because of my health I need to get a setup that my wife could drive. She pulled our travel trailer before, but will not drive with the 5er. To Big. We have looked at the smaller 5th wheels, but I think they will still be to big/tall for her and me.
    2017 F-350 4x4 Diesel loaded short bed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I’m curious. Will the F350 need a hitch with sway control? I know it probably doesn’t need a weight distribution.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    Okay I’m curious. Will the F350 need a hitch with sway control? I know it probably doesn’t need a weight distribution.
    I’m shopping for a travel trailer and my working assumption is I will have sway control at a minimum (even with the trailer at 5K and 22’ in length). I just don’t want that motion undamped.
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 02-23-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Add quote.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue